Young And Menace

"We've gone way too fast for way too long
And we were never supposed to make it half this far
And I lived so much life, lived so much life
I think that God is gonna have to kill me twice
Kill me twice like my name was Nikki Sixx
I woke up in my shoes again, but somewhere you exist singing
Oops, I did it again
I forgot what I was losing my mind about
I only wrote this down to make you press rewind
And send a message, I was young and a menace"
-Young and menace, FOB

*****

George awoke to the sound of shuffling of book pages, his body felt cold as he slowly began to move, the fire had burned out and the single window allowed moonlight to cast shadows around the room. Frowning he sat up and looked around the room, a small light was coming from the small library area, a female figure sat in the alcove. He smiled, wiping the sleep out of his eyes.

"Harpsichord?" Mumbling while draping his arms along the back of the couch, "what're you doing over there, love?"

The shadow moved slightly until their face was illuminated by the candlelight. A scream was stuck in George's throat as a gaunt face stared back at him, what he presumed to be blood slowly dropped from her eyes as the unknown figure stared back with black, unblinking eyes.

"There is no escape from the fate that awaits the young lovers," the shadow spoke softly, every inch of George began to sweat. His heart quickened its pace, clutching his chest slightly at the painful thumping beneath his ribs.

"There's a hellish path that awaits you, will you stand the test of time to be with your loved one for all eternity?"

The shadow tilted its head to the side, chuckling slightly, every neuron in his body was screaming as he remained frozen in fear.

"Good luck little pet."

The next moment the candle was blown out and George was left alone in the hideaway. His breathing becoming erratic as he searched in the darkness for Harper but coming up short.

Harper wasn't in the room.

His breathing became worse as a panic attack quickly over took his body, gripping his hair.

George doubled over—taking deep breaths as his body shook.

"George."

"George!"

"Mate, wake up!"

"Aguamenti!"

George spluttered awake, wiping cold water off his face as Fred and Lee shared concerned glances, Fred shoving his wand into his pocket.

"Oi, you alright there?" Fred asked, quirking an eyebrow.

George surveyed the room, seeing that he was in his own bed, Lee shook his head. "The bloke comes to sleep in his own bed for the first time in weeks and he wakes me up before seven!"

"I've been coming back!" George retorted, laying back on his bed, allowing his breathing to slow down. He heard Lee make a noise before shutting the door to the bath.

"Must've been a hell of a nightmare," Fred commented, leaning against the post by his legs.

"Nightmare...yeah," George frowned up at the ceiling.

"Well, get up. Time for a bit of breakfast," Fred tapped George's legs and walked to his side to finish getting dressed.

Closing his eyes, he could still see the face, a chill went down his spine as he slowly got out of bed. Walking downstairs with Fred and Lee, they were greeted by the girls, George had never felt so relieved to see Harper before. Pulling her into a tight hug, the sickening feeling in his chest slowly ebbing away the longer he held her, the cold sensation that had filled him vanished the moment her hands rested on his back.