Dandelions

"Maybe it's the way you say my name
Maybe it's the way you play your game
But it's so good, I've never dreamed of nobody like you
And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine
'Cause I'm in a field of dandellions
Wishing on every one that you'd be mine
And I see forever in your eyes
I feel okay when I see you smile
Praying to God that one day you'll be mine."
Dandelions, Ruth D.

*****

Maybe it was the overpowering allure of the lemongrass and lavender the love potions were producing into the air in front of him. The lemongrass aroma making his head a hazy mess. Maybe it was the sunlight coming into the shop front window, casting a glow around the black haired woman in front of him.

But whatever it was, George was transfixed to the spot behind the counter, completely engrossed in his thoughts and not listening to Lee and Harper's conversation. Watching Harper smiling, talking, rolling her eyes, as she reacquainted herself with their products and the shop front.

It had been hard to stand in this very spot a year ago, there were days when he couldn't stomach the sight of his own work. The shop had been his and Fred's dream, everything he ever wanted, but at some point that dream included Harper by his side, so when he lost her.

He lost a part of his dream.

"What happened to all the perishables anyways?" Harper was asking, her hair shimmering in the sunlight when she looked up from her clipboard.

George forgot how to breathe.

Bloody hell

The corner of Harper's mouth quirked upwards, her eyes locking with his—amused.

"Sent Hogwarts a lovely care package right before closing shop," Lee said with a smirk.

"That's wicked," Harper gave a laugh, picking up one of the forgotten love potions. George noticed the nape of her neck slowly turning red, her eyes quickly looking from him to the bottles. "These have gotta go...they're too dangerous to sell."

"Honestly, get rid of that line entirely," Lee muttered darkly, Harper frowned at him, putting the pink bottle down. Her eyes met his another time along with a quick sly smile before she looked back to Lee.

"I worked really hard on these! What's that supposed to mean, Lee?"

Bloody hell

"Erm...well....there was an incident," Lee muttered looking at George with a pointed look. George glared back, Harper slowly approached the counter.

"Mum and Ange have already given us a walloping for that mess, we're taking it down regardless," George explained, rubbing the back of his neck absentmindedly.

Harper looked straight at him with wide eyes, scrutinizing his face with a frown. "What exactly was the incident?"

"A girl had used them to make a batch of chocolates for Harry....Ron found them and by then the sweets were extremely potent, and things led to another and...." George explained slowly. "We'll get rid of the line! I just left them...wasn't really thinking...."

Harper stopped creeping toward them, her mouth falling open slightly, clutching her necklace she took a step backwards.

"And then Ron ended up poisoned," Harper stammered, she looked at her feet. "No...no you're joking. You've gotta be!"

"....Ron did end up poisoned," George commented, sharing a look with Lee—his gleeful expression of George's time to be scolded replaced with a worried one. "Harpsichord....you weren't home when that—"