Hospitals and Sorrows.

Start from the beginning

"Peeta, you haven't hurt me since then. I shouldn't have came downstairs anyways." I lean up to kiss him but a sharp pain bolts through me. I jerk a little bit and he notices.
"Here," He says standing up. He lies me back down and kisses my forehead. "Don't move, alright? It will just hurt your hip." I nod and he sits by me.
"You're not gonna leave me, right?" I ask.
"No, I won't."

I close my eyes and collect my thoughts. It seems like a minute ago I was lying on the floor faced with one of his attacks, and now I'm in the hospital. It doesn't matter though, because it was my fault. I feel a tear spill out and I look for Peeta. He hasn't moved and it's dark outside.

"Are you in pain?" He asks while gesturing towards my tear.
"No, I feel bad for you. All this guilt you have because of me." I say wiping the tear away. I start to lean up but he pushes me back. 
"It's not your fault at all. You did nothing wrong." His hand finds my cheek and gently wipes the tear away. The warmth of his hand gives something to focus on, other than the pain. I nod before hearing someone knock on the door. The door swings open gently and I find a young doctor. His face resembles Thresh's, which makes me vaguely tear up. His body is strong but lean and he holds his clipboard with authority. It almost makes me chuckle, imagining Thresh as a doctor.

"Hello, Ms. Everdeen." He greets me while grabbing a chair. "How do you feel?"
"Fine," I state flatly, "when can I go home?"
"Woah," he laughs. "By your charts, you will probably be cleared to leave in three days." I sigh and roll my eyes.
"I'm fine now, why do I need three days?" He laughs and looks at Peeta.
"Stubborn one, isn't she?"
"Something like that." He replies with a soft laugh. The sound of him breathing erases the scowl on my face almost immediately.
"Katniss, it's just for safety precautions. You do have a broken hip after all."
"I know," I start with a tone. I watch as Peeta slightly gives me a look and I try to control my emotions. "But it doesn't even hurt."
"Alright, we'll it's either stay here for three days or surgery—your choice." He smirks, and I now know what Thresh would look like if he hadn't of been forced to be cold-hearted.
"I'll pick the three days." I mutter stubbornly. He laughs and leaves the room shortly.

"You know you don't have to lie about pain." He sighs and looks up at me. His arms are folded across his chest and I can see the muscles daring to poke through his slim shirt. My eyes dart up to his eyes after a moment and I shake my head.
"I'm not."
"Then why can't you lean upwards?" He asks and my eyes roll slightly. The conversation dies out and I soon find myself looking around at the walls, windows, him, anything that can take my mind of the slightly consistent pain. I begin to study his face as he looks away.

His long, curly, blonde hair falls slightly into his bright blue eyes. I love watching how they glisten in the sunlight, like an ocean view at sunset. I could get lose in them for evermore. His eyes stand out against the blank room.
Suddenly, it hits me.

"Are we in the capitol?" I watch as he nods his head and my eyes widen.
"Is my mom working?" I ask trying to pull the blanket over my face. He grabs my hand and pulls the blanket down.
"Stop, you'll only hurt yourself. She probably has a record of it anyways." He says massaging my hand. I sigh and close my eyes.

_

It seems like it's only been 5 minutes when I hear the door open.
"Katniss?" I hear a woman ask. It's my mother.
"Hey, Mom." I begin while looking at her.
"What happened?" She says frantically. She seems like she actually cares, which is surprising.
"I fell," I start. I don't need my dead-beat mother worried about my safety with Peeta.
"How'd you fall and break your hip?"
"I fell down the whole flight of stairs and got knocked unconscious. But I'm fine." Peeta looks at me. She stares at me for a while and Peeta decides to break the silence.
"I'll give you guys some privacy." He says while walking out.

Damn him, leaving me with her.

"I'm glad you're here, besides the hip part." She says siting on the end of my bed. "I missed you."
"I've missed you too, Mom."
She pauses but then looks out the window of my room. "How are you doing? Well, I mean besides the hip." She jokes.
"I'm good." I say.
"Maybe we could make this a regular thing." She says looking at the ground.
"I'd like that." I say. She looks and me and gives a soft smile.
"Well," she pauses. "I better be getting back to work. Call me later?" She asks.
"See you soon." I say. As soon as she leaves I sigh of relief. I see her and Peeta talking in the hall for a bit and then he comes back in.
"She really isn't that bad, you know." He rings while siting down.
"Yeah, I know." I stare at the wall—thinking of how I'll pass my time. "Do you think I could call Haymitch? I'm bored." I say gesturing to the phone on the side table.
"Sure." He says handing me the phone. He goes and sits on the window sill, giving me a bit of privacy. I dial in his number—I have it memorized—and it rings. He surprisingly answers.
"Hey, sweetheart." He mumbles.
"Hey, have you payed attention to the news lately?" I ask.
"Oh yeah, your videos of the hovercraft. Apparently they thought I was dead." I start chuckling imagining the headlines of "Haymitch's death."
"I'm not sure if Peeta called you about what happened—" he cuts me off.
"I know, sweetheart." I stay there in silence for a while until he speaks up. "How are you feeling?"
"Well, my hip hurts a little but I don't feel anything anywhere else." I say loud enough for Peeta to hear. He gives me a look and I smirk at him.
"Katniss, you can tell me the truth you know." He sighs.
"I know, and it is."
"Alright, sweetheart. I've got some drinking to do. I'll talk to you later."
"Alright." I say and I hang up. I start chuckling and Peeta gives me a look.
"What'd I miss?" He asks walking back over.
"They thought Haymitch was dead when the aircraft came in." We both start laughing and I feel happy again.
Well, at least they aren't calling Peeta a monster.