XXI. Making The First Move

Chapter 21, Making The First Move
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   " Sometimes you have to make the first move Kara, so go up to him and tell him what you want. "

~ Karalynn's POV ~

   "So, did he ask you out when you guys were on the date?"

    Cameron questioned me as we looked through different baseball things, I looked at him and shook my head as I returned my eyes to the jersey that I was eyeing, it was a Yankees jersey and I really wanted it but I didn't understand baseball that much.
    I watched as Cameron shifted his eyes from me and then to his friend, I was wondering what what he was trying to cook up, I couldn't figure out what his tiny brain was trying to plan out but I didn't want to know either.

   "Look, he's a shy guy and he's probably not going to ask you out yet, Ashton is someone whose really awkward to be around at times."

    Cameron informed me, I nodded slowly before walking away quickly and running to my best friends to ask for some help, I didn't know if I should ask him out.
   Dana looked at me and sighed as I tried to get some help from Isabella but she didn't know how to help me either because she never asked anyone out or have anyone ask her out other than Tanner, Kiana didn't know how to ask anyone out because she never found anyone attractive.

    So as I walked away defeated, I walked to some bats and stared at them before Dana came over to me and grabbed my hand, she dragged me out the store and into the next door store which was H&M, I was confused to day the least.
   Dana looked around to make sure nobody followed us and then took a deep breath as she ran her fingers through her curls as if she was bella swan.

    "Look, what you're going to do is walk up to him and hold his hand, he's gonna feel some butterflies and then just be super gentle when you're asking Ashton out. Don't come out too aggressive but don't be too shy, just be a little blunt with it."

    Dana told me as she placed her hands on my shoulders, I looked at her and nodded my head slowly but I was not sure if this was truly Dana because she's made it clear that she didn't want to help out in any type of relationships.

   "I can't do that, Dana I'll make a fool out of myself."

  I told my best friend, I wasn't worried about him rejecting me anymore but worried that i would stutter way too much and he would end up losing any feelings he had for me.
   Dana sighed and looked around again before rolling her eyes.

" Sometimes you have to make the first move Kara, so go up to him and tell him what you want. "

   Dana stated as she pulled me into a nice warm hug, it wasn't too aggressive nor was it too sappy, but the hug was enough to make feel better and melt into her arms.
   She then pulled away and kissed my forehead before walking me out of the store and helped me look for Ashton, I was a little nervous to ask Ashton to be my boyfriend because it was something that I wasn't used to.

   When Dana found him, she called me and had me run over to the two of them before leaving me with him, Ashton smiled awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his neck and looked away shyly.
   I grabbed his hands, it was now or never Kara and this is a now or never moment.

   "Ashton, I really do like you and I think, no, I know that I want you to be my boyfriend but I really need to know if you feel the same way."

   I finally spat out, Ashton smiled at me but he didn't say anything and that began to worry me, what if he was just joking about the date and the note and literally everything in between? I'm seriously overthinking all of this only because this was the first crush I've had since the summer and I wanted him to actually like me.
   My mind was racing and I guess he noticed because he wrapped around my waist and bent down a little bit, I moved my hand so it was holding his jaw and cheek at the same time, I'm not good with description so just imagine it.

   We kissed and sparks went flying as our lips moved in sync, it was slow and passionate, we pulled away slowly as our lips slowly unstuck from each other.
   Ashton smiled at me and hugged me tightly, lifting me up from the ground before twirling around, this felt like a dream come true and I also felt like I was in a Hallmark movie but we not gonna speak about it.

   I was really happy that he reciprocated those feelings and even kissed me, he was my first kiss, how exciting is that?