XVII. They're My Yellow

Chapter 17, They're My Yellow
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  " It's not surprising we stayed friends after all these years, we know too much about one another, it's either we stay friends or we take each other out. "

~ Karalynn's POV ~

      The excitement rushing through my veins as I woke up and walked to the bathroom, today was the friend anniversary with Kiana and Dana, we have been best friends for about sixteen years, I had already bought my gifts for them when I came out of school yesterday.
    Walking back to my room, I grabbed a cute outfit which was a lilac colored jumpsuit before putting on cute white boots that were like Daphne's from Scooby Dooby Doo, I brushed hair in to two pigtails and gelled my hair down.

   I sprayed myself with perfume and put deodorant on before grabbing my phone, my gift bags and then bookbag, I walked down the stairs slowly not wanting to make any sounds or slip and fall.
   Making the last step, I put my bags on the couch and walked to the kitchen to make myself a lunch and then grabbing an apple for breakfast since I wasn't too hungry.

   Grabbing my bookbag and gift bags, I walked out of the house quietly with my keys hanging from my neck, I locked the door and walked down the block to the bus stop and sat down at the bench, I was really excited to see my best friends because this was a very special and important day.
   I got on the bus and sat at the very back before grabbing my earbuds and putting my playlist on to listen to something as the bus began to drive slowly, I stared out the window because that was always something that calmed me down.

   The scenery was very blurry but it didn't matter to me, it always looked gorgeous and when it rained, it really completed the aesthetic that it made for itself, I took deep breaths in and then out because for some reason I started feeling a little weird.
   I was uneasy but it wasn't excitement, I just felt like I couldn't breathe, when I finally relaxed myself, I closed my eyes and began to count down from ten and then opened my eyes to see that we were at the school.

    I grabbed my bookbag and the gift bags before stepping off the bus and walking into the school, I looked around for my best friends and found them standing by the library, I walked over to them and handed them their gifts which made them smile and hand me theirs.

    "Dana, what gift is this?"

   I asked as I was given a note, Dana shrugged her shoulders and jutted her lip and told me to open it, that I wouldn't regret it but with Dana's mind, I just actually might throw a boulder at her.
   But nonetheless, I opened the note and felt the butterflies come alive as I hugged her tightly.

    Do you like anyone? Karalynn for example?

- Dana

                                  I know you're gonna tell her, so no

                              - Ashton

  I pinky promise that I won't say anything

- Dana

                                  I'm trusting you, so yeah, it's Kara

                                  - Ashton

  Thanks dork, I'll buy you a book for your troubles

  - Dana

      I folded the paper back and I put it in my pocket and we walked to homeroom together before sitting down on the desk to talk about our favorite memories that we had throughout our sixteen years of being friends.
   Kiana wasn't paying attention that much because she was trying to check on her notes because she had a Spanish oral exam that she didn't want to fail, I bought her a planner and some glitter pens because she loves writing and loves planners.

  Dana got a new leather jacket because she broke her original one and some new earrings and nose rings, she loved the gift but didn't show it that much because apparently showing her love for me is so weird.
   When the bell rang for first period, I grabbed Kiana's hand and signed that it was time for our first period, she smiled at me and we walked to biology and sat down in the back of the class.

    "Can't believe we stood friends for such a long time."

    Kiana signed to me with a huge smile on her face, I just laughed.

  " It's not surprising that we stayed friends after all these years, we know too much about one another, it's either we stay friends or we take each other out. "

   I signed back to her as we took our notebooks out and pens, as the teacher came into class so that we could start the lesson, I never understand anything in biology but I always pass the class which is enough for me.
   Not like I pay attention to whatever the hell we're learning, but we don't talk about it.

   We're going to talk about the fact that I'm going to be asking Ashton out on a date after school today because I got enough confidence from a note that I'm not even sure is actually real.
   But if it is, then he might not actually like me and he was joking because boys are funny like that.

   But oh well, I'm about to shoot my shot like in Stephen Curry.