IX. Defending Someone I Don't Know

Chapter 9, Defending Someone I Don't Know
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   " I don't know, words are just falling out of my mouth at this point. "

  ~ Karalynn's POV ~

    When class was over, we had to go to homeroom to do another attendance thingy before we were allowed to go home, so as Kiana and I walked down the steps and finally reached the first floor, we were just speaking about the math homework.
   She would be coming over later today to help me with it and probably sleep over, as we opened the door and walked through the halls, we were met with the shouts of kids and a huge circle near the lockers.

   Kiana being the nosey one out of the both of us, she ran head first to the fight, I had to go after her because she gets hurt then all hell is going to break loose, Kiana knows how to fight and she does not take a jab to the jaw well.
  Finally making it to the center of the circle, there were two boys fighting, one had brown hair that looked like a mullet and the other was a redhead, curly hair.

   I was not about to get into the middle of that so I just waited until someone pulled the mullet boy off of the redhead, that turned into a heated argument that was when Kiana moved closer and walked over to the mullet boy.
   They seemed to know each other as they began to sign, Kiana was now understanding everything that was going on and began to sign angrily at the redheaded boy, I watched as he laughed a taunted the sounds that she made which made my blood boil.

   I walked into the center of the circle and threw a quick right hook, I heard a crack and saw the blood gushing down from his nose, there was enough blood dripping down for him to look like we used his clothes as a pad and tampon.
   He looked at me and I looked back at Kiana who was laughing, she didn't like being taunted and if I didn't punch him, she would, and things would start getting ugly, well, uglier.

    "The hell's your problem, I don't care about your drama with mullet boy over here but you're not about to make fun of Kiana."

  I began as the boy looked at me with an angry expression, I don't care about his nose or the words that were going to leave his mouth at this moment, I wanted him to know that even in an angry state, you don't ever mock someone's disability.

   "You shouldn't even be making fun of Kiana's disability when you can't even go out in the sun without get burnt to crisp. What? You're mad because you were losing to a boy with a damn mullet?! No offense."

    The redhead bit back whatever he was going to say when the mullet kid walked up close to me with his fists clenched tightly, he had a split lip and a cut eyebrow.
  School ain't even been started for a month and everyone's already getting into drama, the boy didn't even bat an eye at me for what I said but was making sure the Walmart version of brave didn't swing at me.

    Someone shouted that the dean was coming and immediately grabbed Kiana's arm and booked it out of the school, as we finally got out of the schools and to the bus stop away from the whole bunch of kids, we sat down at the bench.
   Kiana began to fan girl about how I punched the redhead's nose and broke it, she always loved gore, blood and fighting which is something that never really sat right with me but I didn't say anything about it.

    "You didn't uhm, have to do that for you, you know?"

   Kiana signed as she looked at me with a big smile, I laughed and hugged her before signing that I would do it for her any day of the week because she would do the same for me if I was in her shoes and she was in mine.
   As the bus arrived, the mullet boy jogged over and got on the bus, Kiana pulled me to the back of the bus and sat down near the window, she loved watching the people walk.

    "Is this seat, uhm taken?"

  I looked up and shook my head, it was the boy from school with the mullet, he looked at me and smiled slightly before taking the seat and taking out his airpods.
   He didn't put them in though, I looked at the ground and just focused on what I was going to do when I get home, I had to do a lot of things.

   Kiana at this point was looking over at us and she kept nudging me, I rolled my eyes and shook my head to signal that I'm not saying or doing anything.

   "Thanks for that, back there."

  I mumbled to the boy next to me, he looked over at me with a confused look on his face but I'm guessing he remembered.

   "He couldn't hit a girl, even though you threw the punch, it wouldn't sit right with me and I'd have to get expelled."

    He explained as he chuckled, I looked at him and nodded my head with a smile on my face, he defended me from getting my face punched in by the red head.
   So it was only fair that I patch up his cuts and make sure he's alright before he goes home, right?

    "Why don't you come over with Kiana and I? I could clean your cuts and we can do some homework together."

   I offered, the boy looked at his phone to check the time before nodding his head and accepting the invite.
   Kiana nudged me and asked me what was I doing and what exactly was I thinking.

   " I don't know, words are just falling out of my mouth at this point. "

   I signed back before the bus stopped moving, I got up and walked off the bus with Kiana and the boy trailing behind me.

   "Oh, I'm Cameron by the way."

   The boy introduced himself, I nodded my head and we walked to my house together.