Chapter 13

TONY'S POV

"I'm bored." I say setting down my  phone.

"This is never a good sign." Nat says as she too sets down her phone and takes a sip out of her coffee. 

"We could go swimming." Clint says hoping down from the vents.

"We could its supposed to be hot today anyways.  Although I can't partake in this event." Vision says. 

"I dont want to go." Reindeer games says. 

"Common brother it will be fun." Thor says.

"As long as I am able to bring a book." Everyone agrees that we should go swimming. 

"My sister owns a place." Nat says.

"What you have a sister?" I ask

"Ye-yeah. How did you not know this?" I shurg. We all go and grab out things.

PETRA'S POV

We make it to the place that I used to work at.  Yelena is really nice she still let's us swim for free and if we get there early enough we can have the whole pool to ourselfs.  What even better is that we can play music over the speakers. 

"Hiiiiii." I say to Yelena who is opening up a bottle of vodka. 

"Petra!" She pulls me into a hug.  I learned that I am the only one who will let me hug her.

"You going swimming?" She asks

"Yup." Peter says. 

"Ok have fun." She says going back to her bottle.  We don't question her drinking  habits.  We go into the changing rooms and change out if our cloths into our swim suits.  I dont rinse off unlike everyone else. I brought a note book so that I could try and write an  equation for this new thing that I am working on.  Everyone else jumps in making a splash while I remove the water, using my powers , on the tiles before sitting down.

"Which playlist do you guys want to listen to?" I ask holding my phone which is already connected to the speakers. 

"Jams with Ned and Mj." Peter says. I push play on the playlist and 50 ways to say goodbye comes on.  We all jam out to the song before I pick up the note book and start with a simple hydrogen molecule. 

I don't know how long I was working on it but someone takes my note book away.

"Peter." I say facing him.

"At least I dried my hands." He says putting the notebook on the bench that holds our towels. 

"I was almost done with it." I whine. 

"To bad." He says before walking up to me and pushing me in.  I resurface with a look that could kill him.  My hair is still dry along with my face even though I was fully submerged.  I get out of the water and start to chase Peter. He sequels like a little girl. 

"Peter get you ass over here." I say hearing laughter from Ned and Mj along with some others.  I stop chaseing him and look to see about 14 people standing there.

"Hi." I say a little embarrassed.  I was wearing a two piece that showed some of my scars. I don't care that Peter, Ned and Mj see them but not the rest of the world. The most noticeable is the one ony left hip from the Red Room which everyone gets. 

"Oh hi." Peter says.

"Do you have the pool reserved Yelena didn't say that anyone did?" I ask.

"No but it doesn't matter that you guys are here." One of the two red heads say.  I nod before walking over to Peter and shoving him in.  He come back up gasping for air.

"Asshole." He says

"You really need to find some new insults." I say when In the stars comes on. 

"Don't you like to sing  this song?" Ned asks me.

"Yeah." I hum the tune. I walk over to my notebook and our towels before clearing moving them over so the others could set their things down.  Once done I grab the notebook once again trying to get the last of  the equation. 

"P put the book down." Peter says.

"Its only one little thing." I say scribbling down another carbon molecule. 

"Will one of you do me a favor and take that away from her." Peter says and someone comes up to me, but before they could reach me a blue blur comes by me taking the notebook away.  I stand there for a second. 

"What the fuck." I say.

"Language." Someone says. I see the person on the other side of the room reading my notes.  I grab one of the safety ropes and use it to pull my self to one of the ceiling beems.  I carefully crawl to the person before using the rope again to get myself down snatching the notebook and landing perfectly.

"Such a poser." I hear two familiar voices say. 

"Shut up Yelena and Peter." I say walking back to the  bench.  Then it hits me these are the Avengers.  I stop dead in my tracks thinking of a way to get myself out of this one. 

"You ok P?" Mj says.

"Are you guys the Avengers?" I ask.

"Yeah." Tony Stark replys. 

"Cool." Mj and I say at the same time. 

"I thought we could spar." Yelena says walking up to me.  I do a happy dance.  She puts up her fists. 

"No mat?" Black widow asks.

"Nope." Yelena and I say together.  I put my hands like normal after tossing the notebook aside. 

"Fight." Peter yells.  Which rings through the huge room.  We circle each other slowly before she tries to make a move in me.  I block it and she keeps trying I keep moving back. I splash into the water. I get out of the pool. 

"Really?"

"Common, Petra, you beat up Flash you can beat Yelena." Ned says getting out of the pool.

"You finally beat up that asshole." Yelena says giving me a high five. 

"What can I say." I say pushing myself out of the pool and doing a quick move on Yelena nocking her down. 

"I thought we had a truce."

"Since when did we have truces?" I asks.

"Today?" She says getting up and trying to do another move on me which I block.  Centuries comes on and I mouth the words which Yelena doesn't like.  She takes off her top vest exposing her tanktop underneath. 

"Oop. The vest came off.  She not happy. " I say.  She grabs a knife from her boots. 

"The day that I forget to bring a knife." I say rolling out of her  slash.  I could see her face getting redder and redder. Something fly's by me and I catch it. I look at it before it opens up like a lightsabber. 

"Nice. This one of your prototypes?"

"Yeah it works though to and extent." Peter responds and I dodge another attack from Yelena.  After one soward fight later Yelena and I called truce and everyone was in the pool that wanted to be in the pool while the others where sitting by the pool. 

"Nice prototype." I say

"Thanks."

"Hey kid your equation doesnt make since."  Dr. Banner says to me. 

"Its one of yours just instead of using titanium I used aluminum." I say and he nods then everything clicks. 

"You guys must got to Midtown?" Wanda asks.

"Yeah you guys where there yesterday." Ned says.

"What happened to the music?" I ask

"Oh I paused it." Peter says.  We talk and I am glad that I didn't have to answer any questions about my scars.