Chapter 7

PETRA'S POV
(Nightmare)

" Fight" A guard says. It was the same guard that told us to fight every time.  There was sensors in the room that blocked my powers, so that I wouldn't hurt the Winter Soldier.  They didn't work well. I still could use my powers just that it takes a ton of energy that I don't really have. 

Winter takes the first move and I try to doge it but I fail and he lands the punch, breaking my noise.  The blood starts to trickle down seeping into my mouth.  It tastes like iron.  I punch him back and he blocks me.  This continues for what feels like  hours. 

He manages to get me  down  while he is standing but he doesn't knock me out. I kick his feet from under neath him.  He doesn't really care for it and grabs my neck chocking me. 

"Petra.  Petra wake  up.  Its just a dream."

I snap awake.  I grab Peter my the arm and fling him across the room.  He hit the wall with a thud and sticks to it.  I realize that its just Peter. 

"I'm sorry." I say getting out of bed helping him to the ground. 

"Thanks. Next time I will stand where I normally stand." He says holding his arm.  I roll up his sleeve to reveal a nice sized bruise.  It was hard to breath for a second.  I try not to cry but it isn't working.  I hurt my brother, the only person I have left in this world.  Peter pulls me into a hug and I let the tears spill.  He rocks me back and fourth. 

"Its ok." He says. 

"Its not I hurt you." I say in between sobs.  He pulls apart so that I could look him in the eyes. 

"Its not your fault and stop blaming yourself for  everything." I knew he was right but it was I was the one who through him across the room and it was me who nearly killed Aunt May, and it was me who I killed many peoples friends and family.  I wipe a tear off my face and look at my alarm clock.  Its 6am.

"We should get ready for school." I say. 

"You are going to stay home today." Peter says matter of factly. 

"I am going to school and you aren't going to stop me." I say before getting out of bed and running to the bathroom before Peter could.   I hop into the shower and turn on the hot water. 

"Karen could you play Popular Monster by Falling In Reverse." The music starts to play and I start to sing along with the lyrics.  After the song I hop out eventhough it was a small shower I took some of the hot water from Peter.  I hop out  and I forgot cloths dang it. 

Greatfully I have a spare set in the bathroom.  I throw them on,and walk out.  Peter has his eye brow raised. 

"Really."

"What its a good song.  Now get your butt in there so that we go." I say finger combing my  brown hair.  He rolls his eyes then goes in.  I walk to the kitchen and try to find somwthing to eat.  We really need to go shoping.  The was nothing other then a cup of milk left and something else that is i n a package that didn't look eatable.  I pick it up and study the package.  It was on the research project that I was trying to do but it was a fail.  I sigh and throw it away.  I try the cupboards and the same fate happens.  I sit down and start to write a list if things that I will need to get from the store. 

"Ready are you?"

"Yeah one second." I say writing the last of the  list. 

"Ready." I say grabbing my backpack and we make our way to school. I take out my airpods and hold one out to Peter. He takes it out.  I push play on my playlist.  We both start to jam out to the music since we both like the same stuff.  We made it to school and Ned runs up to us.  Peter and Ned do their secret hand shake and Mj cames up to us. 

"Hey losers." She says.

"Hey." Peter and I say at the same  time.

"Did you hear?" Ned says in an overly exciting tone. 

"What?" I ask

"Apparently the Avengers are supposed to come teach us a few moves to protect us from muggings and maybe looking for the new interns." Mj says in a very clam voice even though she is freaking out. 

"Really?" Peter says while his voice goes up ten octaves. 

"Why would they lie and can you not make your voice go up that high?" I say plugging my ears. 

"Sorry P.".

" common they should be here before long." Ned says.  We make our way to the gym where everyone including the Avengers are. 

"Hey look it's the Penius Parkers." Flash yells getting everyone's attention.  I hear a few laughs.

"Do you have my um... things?" I whisper to Peter incase Mj and Ned raise our hands for a volunteer. 

"Yeah." We continue to walk and find a seat.  We sit down and look straight a head.

"No good morning?" Flash again.  I fell myself losing my temper.  Which is bad, I take I few deep breathes which do nothing. 

"Flash leave." Mj says.  Which he  doesn't.  I look and see if anyone was looking which everyone is.  He grabs me by my hair and pulls back.  I look him straight in his eyes. 

"What are you going to do about it?" My anger is raising to a point were Peter and very one else should start to worry.  My eyes flash a orangey-red  color.  His face goes white like snow. 

"Freak!" He yells before backing away slowly.  I don't do anything other sit there.  A few Avengers walk over. 

"Kid sit down." I barley look up to see Mr.Stark tell the kid to sit.  I think the rest for the team would probably like to punch him.  Flash goes and sits down.  Peter digs through his bag and hands me something along with a syringe.  I jab the syringe into my thigh and push in the  chemicals.  I hand back the syringe to Peter before playing with the thing that he gave me.