Chapter 8

I sit there playing with the thing that Peter gave me.  The drug is helping me calm down.  I don't know what to do other then sit there and pray for the best.  Mj moves to sit on the other side of me.  She puts a hand around my shoulder.  I look at her and softy smile. 

"Hey kid, you ok?" Mr.stark asks.

"Yeah."

"Hey Stark we are here." I look up to see who is talking.  I don't think either of us expected to see each other.  I sit there stairing at him and without knowing I touch my neck were he used to choke me.

"P?" Peter says snapping me out of my trance.

"Y-y-yeah?" I stammer  out. 

" Here. " He says holding out another syringe.  I don't think that I should be taking two of these given that we have the highest dose that our body's could take.  I try to grab it but a memory comes up.

"Take it." Winter says.  While holding a syringe. 

"What's in it?" I say in my seven year old voice.

"Stuff that could help  you." He says in a irattated  voice.  I grab it and start to put the chemicals into my blood stream.  I hand the empty syringe back to him.  He hands me a gun which weighs a ton. 

"You protect yourself don't let anyone in." I nod my head and walks out of the  room.  I hear a click of the lock and I sit there in silence.  I don't know what to do.  I forgot how I even got here in the first place.

There is a big black brick thing hanging on the wall.  I get out of the bed and walk over to it.  Touching trying to figure out what it was.  I find a few buttons that you can push and I push one.  The brick lights up showing a man and a women talking about something.  In the background you can see an A with a little circle on around it. 

"Captain America along with his team have save many lives today at a bomming in Queens, New York.  Only leaving one dead and many injured." The reporter says.  I watch the brick telling me stories about Captain America and his team, which they are called the Avengers. 

I hear the door open before someone comes in it wasn't Winter and he looks like he is on a mission. 

"Hey kid." He says.  He was in all black nothing showing on his face.

"Who are you?"

"I am a friend of your buddy here.  He wanted me to check up on you."  I know that we don't have buddies that was never allowed.  I pick up the gun which is on the bed still and hold it up, not really sure how to hold it.

"Put it down." He says. 

"No." I aim for his head and pull the trigger like Winter does.  There wasn't any sound other then him hitting the ground.  I really didn't expect that I would have killed him but I did.  I leave him there  till Winter cames back. 

Winter does and it was almost midnight.  He walk into a guy laying on the floor and me huddled up in the corner of the room trying to hid.  Winter wips off the guys mask and I get a full look at his face. 

"Good job." He says blandly. 

"I killed him though." I say trying not to cry. 

"That's what we are supposed to do.  You also got the guy I was looking for." Winter says before walking over to me and taking the gun away from me.  I look at the lifeless man and start to cry. 

"Hey its ok." Peter says hugging me.  The memory ends and I sit there trying to  breath.  I feel a poke in my thigh and see Mj sticking me with another syringe.  I pull away from Peter and see a bunch of worried Avengers and a group of kids that look like they don't want to be there right now.  Dr.Banner walks up to me. 

"Hey Kid what's your name?" He asks me.

"Petra." I say barely. 

"Can you take deep breaths for me?" I try and it only makes it worst.  I look over to Peter who has a worried look on his face.  I look for an exit.  There is two and one is closer then the other.  I make a run for it nearly tripping over Peter and Ned. 

"Petra!" Peter yells before I hear his running footsteps behind me.  I run as fast as I can out of there.  I slide down the railing of the stairway and land on my feet.  I make it outside and try to find somewhere to hide.  I see the bushes and run and hop into them.  I make them grow a bit more so they could hide me better and pass out. 

STEVE'S POV

Bucky and I just came back from a mission and we had to go to a really fancy school that I have no clue where it is.  I load Bucky into the car before driving off. 

"Hey Buck, you know that girl that you fought a few days ago?"

"Yeah. What about her?"

"What is her name?" I hear him take a deep breaths then exhale. 

"I don't know. I only knew her as Elemental."

"Oh." I say while driving.  We talk about small things before we make it to the school.  We gather our things and head inside.  The receptionist was nice and told us where we need to go. We walk into a gym where kids were all sitting and Tony, Nat and Sam were all standing infront of a girl and a boy that look similar. 

"Stark we are here." Bucky yells making the girl look up and freeze. The girl touches her neck for a second.  The boy digs through his bag and hands her something.  She goes to take it but stops and it takes a second before she starts to hyperventiles. 

"Hey its ok." The boy says before engulfing her into a hug.  Bruce walks over and asks her name which I miss and asks her to breath.  She trys but it doesn't work instead she make a be line out the door. 

"Petra!" The boy yells before chasing after her.  I drop my things and start
to run after them.  She doesn't stop running neither does the boy.  She is superfast to faster then I am.  She slides down the railing and burst through the doors.  I jump down the stairs landing before running again.  I run through the doors only to not find her. 

Out of the corner of my eyes I see a slumped over body in the bushes. I carefully look over only to see her passed out.  The kid walks up to me and takes her out of the bushes.

"Would you like me to call Dr.Banner?" I ask. 

"No. Its ok." He says doing something to her head.

"Does she often have panick attacks?"

"Not usually, but somethings trigger it.". He says before getting up with her in his hands.  He mumbles something.

" I will take her home. Thanks for finding her." He says before walking off.

"Yeah no problem." I say before heading back into the building.