𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞┊first love

I watch the moon. Let it run my mood, can't stop thinking of you. I watch you... so long nice to know you, I'll be moving on

Him.

Just him.

I stared at him with dreamy eyes.

My first love.

Nightmare, my childhood friend.

I find myself smiling and giggling thinking about him. It was just the two of us in the library. Our usual hangout spot. He was reading his book with a straight face as usual.

Personally, I'd prefer staying at the playground as a kid but ever since I came to like this guy... I had to stay at the library to spend my time with him.

I liked him ever since I was in nursery but recently my feelings for him became deeper. I love every little thing about Nightmare and I would do anything for him.

I, (Name)( Last Name), may seem like I am exaggerating but I am helplessly and hopelessly in love with this guy. I am 13 years old at the moment but I'm certain of my feelings! I am in fact in love with my bestfriend!

I didn't expect to experience it so soon. The ones I have read from romance books. I wanted to experience the feeling of loving someone and getting butterflies in my stomach type of stuff.

Girls my age like Nightmare. Monsters and humans adore him and I can't blame them but it annoys me sometimes.

Nightmare was a handsome monster, specifically, a skeleton kind. He is kinda cold and distant and people seem to like this sort of bad boy aura about him.

I personally think that's just his personality. He doesn't like talking to people but he somehow attracts too much attention.

Although he was the most liked monster in my grade, no one ever approaches him all the time. Some kids are scared of him but some girls didn't mind him being 'scary'.

I don't understand why you would like someone you're afraid of. I'm not afraid of Nightmare... at least I don't think I do. He is never mean to me! In fact, he for sure has a soft spot for little ol' (name).

Why? Of course, he does! With my great personality and amazing hospitality, I'm literally the best out there! Just kidding!

We've known each other since forever! Our moms are best of friends and we are neighbors. I see him almost every day my whole life!

I think I am lucky for that. I get to see my crush every day and walk and talk with him all the time! Other people don't have the same privilege as me.

"hihihi" I giggle without a thought. I didn't even know I made that sound aloud. Nightmare suddenly raises a brow before staring back at me. I gulp before smiling awkwardly at him.

"Is there something wrong, (name)? you've been staring at me for 10 minutes straight..." Nightmare muttered softly before putting aside the book he was reading to make eye contact with me. I blush a little and got a little shy from our intense staring contest.

I didn't think he'd noticed...

"N-nothings wrong! I just spaced out that's all..." I stuttered out of nervousness. Well yeah... I was too busy spacing out about him.

"Hmm? Alright then." He replied normally instead of a sarcastic remark.

He smiled softly after and my heart starts to beat a little faster. He seems to be in a good mood today and it's making me twice as happy. Smiling Nightmare is a rare moment so I took my time gazing back at him, observing every piece of him.