3.6K 85 1.4K

what happens when your cross nene and a banana?

a banene 

gosh im on a roll

Rui was sitting at his desk, fiddling with the little tissues Tsukasa had tried to make sculptures out of.

He put the tissues down and turned his chair. Out the window, something caught his eye.

It was Nene, returning to her house.

Rui pushed his window open.

"Nene!" Rui called out to her.

Nene looked around, confused and then realized that he was calling up from his room and looked in his direction.

"Rui?" Nene yelled back.

"Nene, just wait there I'll be down in a second."

Rui came down his stairs and out his front door to find Nene sitting at her front porch.

"Hey, Rui," said Nene.

Rui sat down next her, "What are you doing back so late?"

"I was at Tsukasa's house," replied Nene.

"Oh? Are you two finally getting along?" Asked Rui.

"Well, I still think he's an idiot. That's not going to change, but we did have fun. We started up this thing called a flick war," giggled Nene.

"Flick war? What's that?" Asked Rui, laughing a bit with Nene.

"Basically we see who can flick each other's forehead the most times," Nene replied.

"That sounds fun," said Rui, "is it first to 100 or something?"

"Actually, we never talked about that. But 100 sounds good," Nene said.

"Want me to keep score for you guys?" Rui asked.

"Yeah sure! It's 7-3, and I'm winning. Obviously," Nene said with a grin.

"Got it," said Rui, pulling out a notepad a scribbling down the score.

"Nene! Can you come set the table, it's time for dinner!" Said Nene's mom from inside of the house.

"Coming!" Nene yelled back, standing up.

"I have to go. See you tomorrow."

Rui got up too. "Bye."

Rui headed back inside his house.

He took off his shoes and closed the door behind him.

Rui went back up to his room to continue working on robots and stage props, although, something was distracting him.

He thought about what Nene was saying, about having a good time at Tsukasa's house, and then even having their own little thing called a flick war.

The way Nene sounded so happy about it made him happy as well, but there was this feeling in his stomach, a sinking feeling.

Was it jealousy? Did he have a crush on Nene and jealous of Tsukasa?

He twirled his pencil and reflected on all of his feelings.

It was something along the lines of that, but, he didn't feel attracted to Nene in anyway.

The entire time he's known her, he has only seen her as a good friend, who he loves platonically.

Which meant it must be the other way around.

He had a crush on Tsukasa and was jealous of Nene.

It did seem weird though. Being jealous of Nene, somebody he has known for so long.