25 | in my new world

Start from the beginning

I gave a final touch to Myungho's makeup before announcing that he was ready to go. He already looks effortlessly handsome when barefaced, but with some makeup on, he is beyond stunning.

It's so unfair.

"Nervous?" I asked him while rubbing my hands together.

"I'm the one performing but you're more nervous than I am," he laughed.

"Eat this," I poured out a pill that was supposed to help calm our nerves, but ended up dropping it.

"Babe," Myungho held onto me before I started sweeping the floor in search of the lost pill. "I'm okay, but are you?"

"Yes. Yes of course," I tried so hard to hide my nervousness but I think he already saw through me.

Myungho's smile grew. "I don't need the pill, but I think I'll need a good luck kiss." He tapped on his cheek, "right here."

My heart has been pounding from the nervousness, and now he's adding on.

"Come on," he brought his face closer to mine.

"People are watching," I frowned and glanced around the room. His team members were also getting their makeup done in the same room. One of them being Yuna.

"They're not. They're busy caking their faces," Myungho said nonchalantly.

"YA!" I whispered harshly but didn't resist when Myungho inched even closer. I can't tell if he was teasing me but his seduction was definitely working... until someone paged for me through my walkie-talkie.

"I-I gotta go," I breathed shyly, feeling red because I almost gave into the kiss. Just as I was about to stand up, Myungho pulled me back onto the chair and kissed me on my lips.

My body tensed when our lips touched. I almost let out a moan when he tried to devour my lips and kiss me deeper...

We pulled apart shortly after and I covered my mouth, blushing intensely. "YA!!"

I looked around us to see if we were caught in action, and there was Yuna eyeing us in disgust. The kiss somehow felt better.

"I know it's your big day... so if you're nervous, just think of me. Go now," Myungho smiled looking satisfied, and we both waved each other goodbye.

...

I waited at the entrance anxiously, checking my watch every now and then until I finally caught sight of them. "Omma! Abba! Over here!!" I waved to them, and watched them hurry over to me. It's my first time organising a stage, so of course they had to come.

But they were late because their flight was delayed. Even in their tight schedule, I was glad that they made time for me.

"Our daughter, so proud of you. And you look as beautiful as ever." My mother praised as her eyes indulged me from head to toe.