18 | business first

#nowplaying

= She didn't love me - Dokyeom (cover) =

🔥🔥🔥

[MYUNGHO'S POV]

= 40 minutes ago, at M&K studio =

"You said you overcame your anxiety. That's why you came back, didn't you?" Daphne said to Yujin, as if it was for me to hear.

Anxiety? I saw the way Yujin's face change. "Stop talking about that."

But Daphne didn't listen. "You're afraid that someone would see through you? So your best plan is to avoid him and run away? That just proves you never got better. You spent five years-"

"STOP!" Yujin yelled angrily, there were tears in her eyes by now. I could see how much she was trying to control herself. She was literally shaking. "I didn't tell you about my life for you to expose me like that. If you don't want this collaboration, then screw it."

I stood there, lost for words as Yujin packed up and left in a hurry. It dawned upon me that Yujin has something going on in her life and she has been keeping me in the dark.

It was her anxiety, how she had spent five years on it, and the topic was a taboo that would make her run away. What else am I missing out?

"Daph," I frowned, slowly piecing the puzzles in my head. "How has she really been all these years?"

Daphne crossed her arms and sighed. "I've said all that you need to know. That's all I'll ever help you with. FYI, I'm still on Yujin's side."

"One more question then. Just one more," I asked, my heart throbbing on the inside. "Who is Dash?"

"Dashhh?" Daphne thought for a second. "Oh, her gay friend from Canada? I heard that they go through therapy together. What about him-"

I ran out of the studio before our conversation came to an end. Yujin was all I could think about, and all I wanted to see now.

I was filled with regret for letting her go five years ago and letting her go last night. I will never forgive myself if I make the same mistake again.

...

[YUJIN'S POV]

= at the cafe =

"I may not know what you've been through, Yujin, but don't make the same mistake I did," Myungho kept his eyes on me. It seemed like he understood me more than I did myself. I faced away and took another sip of coffee in hope to hide my embarrassment.

"Anyway, the Spotlight project means a lot to Daphne. She's been talking about it ever since she received your email proposal. So if you're dropping the collaboration because I'm involved... then I'll back out," Myungho exhaled. Now it sounds like I'm being the fussy one.

"No," I stopped him. "That's not what it is."

"It is," he insisted so confidently. "You're avoiding me because you don't want me to find out about you."

I felt a pang in my heart. Seems like he had me all figured out. I wanted to refute but no words came out.

"But you know how Daphne is like," he continued. "She says mean things all the time but she doesn't mean it. Pretty sure she's regretting it right now too."