The Calm Before The Storm

Content warnings: Trauma, death, blood and gore, suicide attempts mentioned

Bela PoV:

                   I walked into Alex's room, finding her sitting on the bed, just staring out the window. I sat down next to her, before wrapping an arm around her shoulders. She leaned into me, sighing in content as I placed a kiss on her head, staring out the window with her. She finally turned around, burying her face in my neck, crying slightly, and I hugged her tightly as she let out a shaky sigh of relief. I felt her arms tighten around me, and I laid back, letting her lay on top of me. We stayed like that for a while, just enjoying each other's company, and letting our worries fade away for a moment. She eventually got off me, laying next to me and hugging my right arm with all three of her left ones.

                    "Would you like to talk about it?" I asked softly, and Alex moved her head to my shoulder, before nodding.

                    "Yes, better than keeping it down." Her voice was still a little thick from crying, and when she spoke it was quiet. I rubbed her stomach, and she sighed shakily, before speaking.

                     "When I was much younger, I was a little more adventurous than I am nowadays. That's how I met Maggie, Alyssa, Dahlia, and by extension, Ash. I knew him when he was friendly and kind, which made it all the worse when he turned into a monster. My family was large, and lived in a massive house, all of us being spider-human hybrids. At any rate, I loved them, and Ash went after that, burning the place to the ground. You'll find that most if not all spider-human hybrids are rather weak to fire, and it's the safest bet to get rid of us. I am no exception to this, and I got burned trying to help them out. I failed, and they all died, leaving me broken and injured. I pulled myself off to a cave to die, but Maggie found me and saved my life. In fact, she's saved it multiple times, even saving me from myself at least four times. Turns out, no matter how many cliffs I hurl myself off of, Maggie's going to bring me back from the dead." She chuckled dryly, and I pulled her on top of me again, letting her hug my torso. She sighed in content, before continuing.

                      "At any rate, we set off after the bastard, picking up Dahlia and Alyssa along the way. But, as we neared his location, both me and Dahlia... froze up. He had fucked with us the worst, killing my entire family and murdering the one person Dahlia had ever loved that wasn't family. It terrified us to even get near him, and we'll probably freeze again. Well, actually, I couldn't shift into a behemoth last time, so I might stand a chance. But, we froze, and Alyssa and Maggie trekked off without us. Forty one hours later, they come back with a dead Ash, and we threw him into a volcano. That's the whole story, written and done." Her eyes filled with tears, and I hugged her tightly, rubbing her back, and planting small kisses on her head as she cried.

                       "I know you've probably heard it a million times, but I'm sorry about your family. And I would like you to know, if Ash even comes near you or your new family, he'll be dead in the blink of an eye." I whispered into her ear, and she nodded, before lifting her head to look at me. She smiled widely as I wiped away the tears as best I could, and I stared into her eyes. After a tense moment of staring at each other, she leaned down, and our lips connected.

Maggie PoV:

                        I stabbed the wall again, roaring as I sunk the dagger hilt-deep in it. I grabbed my fourteenth dagger, stalking over to the wall, and just before I could slam it down, a hand grabbed my wrist. I swung my head to see Cass holding it in a death grip, and I sighed, before chucking it back into the box. 

                         "Sup." I greeted her in a tired voice, and she guided me over to a couch. 

                         "So, Alyssa has decided to stay with Aunt Donna. Apparently she didn't trust herself in a castle full of vampires." She explained, and I chuckled dryly at that, nodding in understanding.