Old Trauma, and an Intruder

Daniela PoV:

        I woke up, groaning slightly, before attempting to turn on my side. I was halted by a warm, heavy object laying on my chest, and I looked to see that it was Dahlia. She was dead to the world, snuggled into me, and I blushed at the sight. She looked adorable in her sleep, and made small grunting noises occasionally, which made me smile. She shifted, and spoke in a raspy voice.

         "Please stop moving." She pushed her face into my neck, and I smiled anxiously, blushing wildly.

         "O-Okay." I murmured, hugging her tightly, before she fell asleep again. We stayed like that for close to thirty minutes, until someone knocked on the door. We both hissed, Dahlia's slightly muffled due to her face being shoved into my neck. The person knocked again, and I knew it had to be one of my sisters. This was proven when Cass pushed the door open, holding a tray with food on it.

          "Don't hiss at me, I brought food." Dahlia's head sprung up at this, and I laughed. She sat up slightly, watching Cass put down the tray. I looked at Cass in confusion, because she never brought food to anyone.

          "Why did you bring this up here? I'm not trying to be rude, it's just... you never do that." I asked, and she shot me a glare mixed with a smile.

          "I'm just being nice. We also assumed that the doctor over here wouldn't be in great shape after yesterday. Speaking of which, how is she?" She asked in a concerned whisper. I spared a glance at Dahlia, who was currently tearing into her food, devouring as fast as possible.

          "She's really clingy so far. She didn't move off of me until you brought in the food. I think she's still really shaken. She was also muttering in her sleep a lot, but I couldn't catch any of what she said." I whispered to Cass, who nodded, and shot Dahlia a concerned glance, before leaving. Dahlia had finished her food by this point, and was just laying her head on my lap. I ate my breakfast as well, the room filled with a comfortable silence. Once I had finished, I looked down at Dahlia, running a hand through her hair, causing her to purr lightly. I giggled at that, and continued, making the purr increase in volume. We stayed like that for a good long while, until Dahlia sat up and began putting on her outfit. I raised an eyebrow at her, and was about to ask why, when a knock came at the door. She opened it, and a terrified maid stood there, obviously not expecting me to be behind Dahlia.

            "M-Ma'am, L-Lady Dimitrescu w-wishes to s-speak with y-you." She managed to sputter out, and I gave her a wide grin, pulling out my sickle. Her terror increased, and Dahlia turned around, before stepping out of the way.

            "Don't let me stop you, dear. Have your fun." I grinned even wider, and started advancing towards the trembling maid.

            "Why thank you, darling. Don't wait up." I turned partially into a swarm as I said that, and the maid screamed, before taking off down the hallway. I cackled in joy, before taking off after her, my sickle in hand.

Dahlia PoV:

            I watched Daniela swarm off down the hallway after the screaming maid, and smiled when I heard her laughing. I grabbed my walking stick and walked the opposite way, attempting to find the Lady of the Castle. As I walked, two other swarms appeared beside me, revealing Bela and Cassandra, joining me in my walking.

            "Where's Dani-" Bela was cut off by a maid screaming. "Oh."

            "How'd you injure your leg?" Cassandra asked, and I secretly rolled my eyes, knowing I was going to get interrogated again.

            "I got between a friend and her prey. She felt bad afterwards, but during the moment, she didn't care." They nodded, and Bela perked up after a moment.