𝙭𝙡𝙫𝙞.

In panic and fear, they could only watch as the fiery violet flames headed toward them and engulfed the area where they stood a few seconds ago.

"You know, rule number one in a battle. You shouldn't be distracted, or you guys will be toast. And I mean that literally."

They heard Taehyun deadpanned, which immediately brought them back from their stupor.

The moment they regained their senses, they fell to the ground, their knees weakening at the near-death experience. The four were gasping for air as their heartbeats were rapidly racing.

"I can't believe we're alive. I really thought we'll be—"

"Dead? I know." Taehyun finished for Soobin, who just nodded his head. "What were you guys even talking about in the middle of the battle?" The Sorcerer asked, his large blue eyes glaring at them expectantly.

"I—" But Yeonjun didn't get to explain when Beomgyu, who was beside him, was suddenly tackled to the ground hard by a familiar summoned black wolf.

"KAI!"

"STOP IT!"

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?"

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!?"

Taehyun, Dawn, Soobin, and Yeonjun spring in action. The Swordman and Archer went to the Summoner to make him stop the wolf that was seconds away from mauling their other member. While the Witch and the Sorcerer managed to get the Healer away from the growling beast, which was now caged by Taehyun's magic.

"What's wrong with you? Why are you attacking Beomgyu!?" Soobin interrogated, shouting at the younger boy whose face had turned bright red, with tears of frustration running down his face.

"Me? What's wrong with me?! Why don't you ask the traitor!? Why don't you ask him why he betrayed us!?" His grey eyes were dark, like a furious storm brewing behind them.

"What?" The others were shaken and taken aback by the accusation. Except for Dawn.

"HE'S A TRAITOR! He turned his back on us when the King offered him something more!" Kai raged. "Something more that he is even willing to sell us out! His friends! Our family!""That's enough, Kai!" Yeonjun exclaimed, his lips pressed into a thin line.

He knew Beomgyu wouldn't do something like that, but to hear those accusations thrown at him left his stomach churning. He turned to look at Taehyun, only to realize that the Sorcerer wasn't looking any better than him with his eyebrows furrowed tightly.

"This is Beomgyu we're talking about. He wouldn't do something like that."

"Why don't we ask the traitor himself? But I don't think he'd tell us the truth. After all, a traitor can't be a traitor without being a liar first!"