𝙭𝙭𝙭𝙞.

"—be here soon, don't worry. He just went back to find his cellmate." The Healer informed. "But what about me? Aren't you going to ask if I'm okay?"

Soobin felt like he had woken up from a very long, realistic dream. His eyes widened ever so slowly when he set his sight on a familiar building before him. It was one of the granary of the King... The one that Kai was locked into.

What's going on?

"Hyung, hey! I'm asking you to ask me if I'm okay!" The loud and whiny voice of Beomgyu from below snapped Soobin out of his daze.

Looking down from his spot on the tree, he saw the Healer frowning at him in concern. Shaking away the feeling of disorientation, he sent the Healer a smile.

"Are you okay, Beomgyu?" Soobin asked kindly, hoping it would convey his concern for his friend well enough.

"You sound kinda out of it." Bewildered by how the leader was suddenly acting, Beomgyu just sat down by the tree to get some rest.

Soobin looked at the granary with a frown. Something in his mind kept on bothering him. Like he forgot something vital. But what? What was he forgetting?

"Hey!" Soobin heard Beomgyu yelling, pulling him from his thoughts. "You still in there, Soobin hyung?"

"Huh?" The leader blinked owlishly, unsure of where he could have even been looking. But as soon as he realized this, he started laughing. "Sorry, sorry... I was just thinking."

"About what?" Beomgyu frowned again.

It was strange seeing Soobin act like this when he was always the one who kept on reminding them to keep their head on the game on every mission.

"It's nothing, Beomgyu. Don't worry about it." Soobin shook his head, sending the Healer a reassuring smile.

"It doesn't seem like it's nothing to–" But Beomgyu was interrupted by a sudden shout coming from another direction.

"Soobinie! How's the weather up there?"

They both turned toward the source of the noise. A couple of meters behind their hiding place was Yeonjun, smiling cheekily at them.

"Yeonjun hyung," Soobin muttered lowly, his eyes instinctively darting towards the side of his neck where the poison was injected at him.

Wait, what? Poison? Since when was Yeonjun poisoned? Soobin shook off his thoughts again, ignoring his confusing thoughts, and focused once more on the present situation.

"Hyung! What are you doing here!? Aren't you supposed to distract the guards inside?" Soobin's stern voice filled the air, and he watched as the Swordsman glared defiantly. The words that fell out of his mouth felt natural, even though that wasn't what he wanted to say.