𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙞.

"I'm scared..."

"Don't worry, sweetheart. I will always be here to protect you."

Then a flash of white coated her vision. Surprised, her eyes instinctively closed shut because of the sudden light. She wished she didn't open her eyes when they led upon a horrifying scene.

"NO!!!" It was a scream full of anguish and helplessness. She watched the life in her eyes was drained away by those repulsive monsters. All she wanted was to feel love and give love.

Was that too much to ask?

"If you could just give it to us, it wouldn't have come to this..."

Dawn was shaken awake by her nightmare. Feeling the wetness on her cheeks, she wiped them away hurriedly. She didn't feel like being interrogated on an early in the morning. Crawling out of the tent, she almost jumped out of her skin when she saw someone quietly sitting by the dying fire.

"Jesus." She muttered softly.

Hearing someone murmur, Kai looked over and instantly met her eyes.

"Good Morning, Dawn." He chirped his greeting, smiling radiantly at the girl.

"Good Morning." She greeted back with a less optimistic voice. Excuse her tone. She hasn't had her coffee yet.

"Coffee or me?"

"What?"

"I asked if you want coffee or tea?"

Yep. She definitely needs her caffeine right now.

"Coffee, please." She cleared her throat, embarrassed by her thought.

"Coming right up."

Sitting down by a log, she watched as Kai summoned a bright yellow bird that snuggled and chirped enthusiastically at the boy as soon as it set its golden eyes on him.

"Hello to you too, Blaze." Kai giggled, returning the same optimistic greeting. Giving his arm for his bird friend to perch in, he watched fondly as the avian immediately went to him.

"Could you do me a little favor, Blaze?" He cooed, voice oozing with honey. "Can you light up the firewoods for me? We need to boil water."

Dawn watched in astonishment as the bird nodded and gave him a single chirp, as if answering Kai in its own language. The bird flew off his arm and went above the snuff-out little campfire. She was expecting the bird to shoot out fire with its beak like a dragon, but it did something unexpected.