𝙞𝙞𝙞.

"BEOMGYU HYUNG!" Kai exclaimed happily, seeing a familiar face, but his smile immediately dropped and was replaced with a scowl. "Where have you been?! Do you know how hurt I was? They tortured me every day and starved me to death!" He whined, his childish side kicking in, knowing he was finally safe.

"Good to see you too alive and kicking, Kai." Beomgyu rolled his eyes as he opened the cell and stepped into the room. "Now, before you could get into one of your long rants, we need to get out of here first." He then looked at the only girl in the room. "Of course, I haven't forgotten about you, Miss." With a wink.

But instead of entertaining the guy, Dawn asked a question. "What's the situation up there?" She ignored the pout on their rescue guy as she waited for him to get her free from the blasted handcuff and his answer. As soon as the restricting tool was gone, she felt rejuvenated.

"The others were distracting the soldiers as we speak. We need to get out of this place before the King became aware of the situation and send reinforcement." Beomgyu answered briefly.

"Wait... King?" Dawn asked, but her question was left hanging as Kai pulled her by the hand and ran out of their cell.

"Less talking, more running." Was he said as they felt another explosion, but this time louder. If they didn't get out, they'd be buried in the dungeon.

She followed blindly after the two guys, who occasionally stopped to tear the other prison doors open, freeing the prisoners with them.

"We don't have time for this!" Kai exclaimed, getting impatient. With a complicated gesture of the hand and some chant under his breath. A circular magic formation appeared in front of him and what rose out was a big black wolf. (A/N: I just realized that his ability is like Megumi.)

Dawn stared with wide eyes, surprised at the display of unusual magic. She looked at Kai and the wolf a few more times, watching him command the dog to destroy all the locks of the prison cells. With an enormous howl, the dog bounded away and did as it was ordered.

Beast Summoner... She remembered what he said.

Seeing her expression, Kai sighed and said. "I'll tell you later." To which she nodded, much to his relief.

Resuming their escape, it wasn't until later that they ran upstairs and burst out of the dungeon. Dawn felt like all her senses heightened.

It was loud and terrifying.

The loud wails and commanding shouts of people, the smoldering smoke, fallen debris, and... dead bodies. Her eyes were stuck on a hand beneath the broken walls. It was the first time she had seen something like this. Usually, she didn't find them disturbing on screen, but in real life? It was traumatizing.

"Hey, you! What are you doing out of your little prison, Lassy?" Hearing the familiar gruff voice of her captor, she felt her eyes flash red in anger.

Slowly, she turned to the source of the noise. There he was, the person who dared to kidnap her in her sleep.