Chapter 8

[3rd POV]
Y/n, Finny and Vance decided to go to the Grab n Go and get some snacks...and of course play pinball. What was supposed to be a few games of pinball turned into about three hours of the game that Vance loved so much. Y/n was next to him as he played the game and watched as the ball move around in the game until it got stuck.

They started at the ball for a bit before they got knocked into the game by a kid who was shoved into them. The boy apologized but they all watched as the ball rolled into the hole, indicating a game over which angered Vance to the core. Not only did some prick mess up his game, but they also pushed Y/n which only set him off more. "Hey! You messed up my game!" Vance growled out as he picked up the guy and tossed him to the side. His friend then decided it was smart to pull out a switchblade on Vance, despite Y/n wanting to help, they knew the angry dirty blonde wouldn't let them so they just went to go stand with Finny.

He nudged Y/n and pointed towards a lady behind the register that had a phone in her hand so they could assume she was calling the police. "Don't mess with me." Vance spat as he head butted the kid and carved something in his arm. The police soon got there and picked Vance off the guy, bringing him over to the door with Y/n and Finny following. Finny open the door for them while Y/n tried to convince the Police to let Vance go. "Oh come on! It wasn't his fault, the guy pulled a weapon on him so he beat him up in self defense, you can even ask Finny. He is a bit of a hot head but he doesn't beat up people for absolutely no reason." They crossed their arms and waited for a response while Finny watched on, hoping Vance didn't get in trouble since he didn't feel like holding Robin back from going after the boys. The police let Vance off with a warning but still told him to get in the car so he could take a drive with them yo think about his actions and calm down.

"I don't think it'll be good if you're not with one of us, you know the police haven't been much help with the other's disappearances so I don't want you to be next." "Listen, I'll be fine okay Y/n? I can take care of myself. You don't need to worry about me too much and I'll make sure I call you when I get home." Vance looked around then brought Y/n into a side hug, making sure to hide a smile once he noticed they had on the matching choker/necklace to his aqua blue one he always wears, pulled away from the hug, and got in the car.

Y/n went back over to Finny who put an arm on Y/n's shoulder and shared a familiar look with Vance to which he nodded to him and watched as the police drove away. See, the boys were talking while waiting for Y/n to get to Bruce's house for their sleepover and started talking which lead to them starting to talk about Y/n only for them all to realize they liked them more than friends. The only reason Griffin was in the group of friends is because Y/n was the only person to actually see him and not pretend he didn't exist, they then introduced him to the others and they all warmed up to him quicker than Y/n expected.

Everyone could tell that Finny and Robin liked each other as well as Griffin and Billy, Vance wouldn't admit it but he secretly liked Bruce. If they're all being honest with themselves, they all liked each other even if they didn't realize their feelings yet. Billy would go home and talk to Rover about it as much as his heart desired. One day, they told themselves that they would protect Y/n and make sure they never got extremely hurt around them or else they wouldn't be able to forgive themselves.

The police dropped Vance off after a bit of driving and he told them he could walk home from here, the police let him out and he began talking home with his hands in his pockets and a slight scowl on his face. He was aware of his surroundings and his eyes flickered over to a black van that a man came out of and dropped his bag of groceries. Vance tried to keep walking but he heard footsteps behind him which caused him to turn around and move out the way before he got hit by the grabber's fist.

He threw a punch of his own and landed a hit on the man, breaking his shades and angering him. He then tackled Vance to the ground and tried to strangle him until he passed out but that wasn't working so he head butted him, causing Vance to hold his head and try to fight out of the hold a get up but the grabber shook a can of something and sprayed it into his mouth, knocking him out almost immediately. The man then picked up the unconscious boy and put him in his truck and drove home to add a new friend down to the basement with the others.

Y/n dropped off Finny then went home to wait for the phone call from Vance, but they never got one and eventually just went to bed thinking he forgot to call.

—————————————————————————

I kinda wanna make another book that's basically the same story of this one but the others die instead of survive but idk-