Chapter 37: Hello Juliet

Start from the beginning

She put her hands in her hair and sighed as she looked herself in the mirror. After everybody left she got one hell of a scolding and lecture from her mother. The worst part, she didn't even deserved that. Her brother did. And as always she was left to pick up the pieces, or pick up the mess left behind him.

She saw then stood up and grabbed a cardigan and walked towards her window. She opened it and walked outside, on her balcony. She was suppose to meet with her friends after she handled her mother, but after seeing her reaction, she knew the last thing she needed was for her mother to hear that she was out. 

She told them she was alright, but she found herself watching the stars on her balcony. This was a small habit of hers. When she was feeling melancholic, or sad about something, or just confused about things in her life. Her father used to tell her that everyone that dies turns into a star. Meiling didn't know if she watched the stars because she thought he was watching over her, or if the stars were just beautiful, but for some reason she believed that most of the answers to her questions are there, among the stars, on the pitch black sky.

"Hello Juliet." Meiling jumped startled at the voice. She turned to her right to see Lei, siting on the edge of her balcony, with a smirk on his face.

"Lei?" She asked still surprised. He nodded while having a playful smile on his face. "What are you doing?"

"Well, you know. I saw how beautiful the night is and I felt like playing Romeo." Lei answered as he threw a wink at her. 

"No. I mean, what are you doing here? Weren't you with the others?" She 

asked again.

Lei sighed as he turned and stepped on the balcony, next to her. "I came to check on you. I know how hard your mother can get." He said as he got closer to her.

"Right." Meiling said as she nodded and looked down at the ground. Lei noticed her behavior and got curious.

"Hey. Are you alright?" Lei asked as he tilted his head a little to have a better view at her. 

"Yeah, I am fine." Meiling said turning her face towards the garden looking again up at the sky. Lei furrowed his eyebrows. In a second he grabbed Meiling's shoulders and turned her towards him, towards the light that was behind him that was coming from her room. The moment he saw her in the light, his eyes widened in shock.

"Did she do this to you?" He asked looking directly at the red swollen cheek. His eyes then looked at her eyes and saw how red and puffy they were. Meiling said nothing and just looked down in silence. Lei scoffed in anger and took an hold of Meiling's wrist and dragged her after him.

"Wha-Hey! What are you doing?" Meiling asked as Lei dragged her along her room and inside the bathroom. He opened the door and walked inside pulling her after him. He then pulled Meiling towards him and then pushed her gently against the counter, catching her between the counter and his body. "Wait! What are you-" Meiling was about to ask but got cut off when Lei picked her up and made her sit on the counter while he was standing between her legs. In reflex, she put her hands on his shoulders. "Lei! Hold up!" She said nervous as she was still processing what was happening. 

Lei looked at their position and chuckled when his eyes returned to Meiling's face. "Relax, Ming. I won't do anything. Just trying to reduce the redness and try to treat that swollen cheek you have." He explained. At the hearing of his words, Meling's face turned slowly in a red mess and Lei found himself chuckling again.

"Shut up." Meiling mumbled as she leaned against the wall length mirror and let her arms fall along her body. Who would blame her? When your childhood best friend shows up late at night, on your balcony, without anyone knowing where he is, and he starts to drags you in the bathroom and make you sit on the counter while he is standing between your legs, how did he expected her to react her like?