63

"Incoming, your six o'clock." Jade suddenly smiled as she walked to the direction of Gabriel's back. "Daddy!" She hugged the huge man and the man hugged her back while looking at Gabriel menacingly.

"My Princess…" Damien Moreau kissed Jade's hair as Gabriel approached him and offered his hand.

"Mr. Damien Moreau, Sir. I am honored to meet you." Gabriel smiled at the man, Jade's father. He was already tall, but his body was like a swimming athlete–slim and strong, while Damien Moreau was built like a truck.

That man was as big and tall as Joichiro Abe, and Gabriel was a little bit shorter than both of them, his 195cm to their 200cm. Even Jade stood a solid 180cm without heels while Akito was more like Gabriel in his height and build. Overall, their family members were intimidating–tall and big and scary.

Damien Moreau looked at Gabriel–scrutinizingly–and took his hand, after Jade pinched his waist and glared at him.

"So, Gabriel Moretti Kudou. Any connection to the Morettis? I heard that they were wiped out single-handedly by some young mixed blood heir of Isabella Moretti, and now they were prospering under his leadership."

Gabriel knew that Damien Moreau knew that he was the mixed blood heir that he just mentioned, but he just smiled at his question.

"I'm pretty sure you have found out everything about me, Sir." He bowed respectfully at his future father-in-law. "But right now I'm just a humble man who tries to win the heart of your daughter, and her family. I'm pretty sure that you would find that no one could hold a candle to your daughter's perfection, and I just hope to be able to serve her for the rest of my life."

There was a beat of silence before suddenly Damien Moreau laughed–no, more like guffawed out loud and slapped Gabriel's back fondly with his huge palm.

"I'm sorry baby, but I like your fiance very much. No wonder your grandfather insisted on matching you both. He definitely could tame your wild side, baby." Then before Gabriel could recover from the shock, Damien Moreau hugged him tight, squeezing him until he had difficulty breathing. "Welcome to the family, Gabriel, I accept you as my son, please take care of my baby girl and cherish her as I would."

Gabriel only grinned when he was almost crushed to death by Damien Moreau's bear hug, but hey, at least the mission was accomplished. He winked at Jade to remind her that her threat about how scary daddy was–was nothing to him.

"I promise you, Mr. Moreau, Sir, that I will love her, and cherish her, and treasure her as you would. Even more. She is the most precious person to me, so don't you worry about a thing."

"Good… good. I'm actually quite worried that you have to fight for succession of the leader position, and I know you also want to take over the five families, but between my wife, me and Akito supporting you, and also you're marrying my baby girl, I don't think we have to worry much. And besides, my princess could take care of herself. Right, Princess?"

Jade only rolled her eyes with how fast and smooth Gabriel was able to win her father's heart. No wonder he could be that successful in just a mere decade. He was so fast at reading the overall situation and took a necessary step to solve it.

"Well, now, I have to go and find my wife. She would be looking for me if I left her side for too long." Damien Moreau beamed like a man in love. Just like he was thirty years ago. And still did. "And call me father, Gabriel, we're a family after all." He fistbumped Gabriel and then left to find Jade's mother–who was chatting with Gabriel's grandfather.

"Well, that was easy." Gabriel whispered to Jade after Damien Moreau left to find his wife. He was pretty sure that he would be like his father-in-law, and couldn't get away from his wife for even a few minutes.

"Yeah, because you used your full power charm to charm his pants off." Jade giggled when Gabriel kissed her.

"Hmm, but I just want to charm your pants off… oh wait, I already did, and you didn't wear any pants, so…" 

"Beau!" Jade giggled louder when Gabriel tried to kiss her again, and she pushed him away when they heard a loud cough from near them.

"Kids… or should I say, lovebirds." Joichiro Abe stood in front of them with a huge smirk on his face.

"Gramps." Jade looked at her grandpa smirking and she couldn't help but smiled. "Looks like you've won this time." She hugged him tight and the big man laughed.

"I told you, I always know what's best for you, baby." He ruffled her hair fondly. "Besides, you've liked him ever since you're a teeny weeny babe, don't you remember? You followed him everywhere like a fish shit, calling him Kazu onii-chan, Kazu onii-chan… Well, your mama was certainly be happy to be left alone when you're with your Kazu onii-chan." He guffawed and slapped Gabriel's back. "Do you remember this little snot who followed you everywhere, Kazuhiro?"

Jade was gawking when Joichiro mentioned Kazu onii-chan. She remembered that she was madly in love with the handsome and nice older boy whom she met at her grandpa's house, but she never thought that it was Gabriel. 

But then again, Gabriel's eyes were the same shade of gold with Kazu onii-chan, which was the reason why she was attracted to him in the first place. The eyes of the predator.

To think of it, she was always interested in dangerous things–animals, games, people.

She then looked at Gabriel and asked him.

"You are really that Kazu onii-chan? The one who promised to marry me when we're older as long as I could make you fall in love with me?" She remembered now the answer of that boy in her dream.

I would be happy to marry you, but just so you know that I only marry for love. If you could make me fall in love with you in say, twenty years, then I'm yours.

"Well, my Japanese name is Kazuhiro, and yeah, I vaguely remember the little girl with ponytails who followed me everywhere and forced me to marry her when she grew up." Gabriel chuckled as Jade pinched his waist.

"You said you would marry me if I could make you fall in love with me!"

Jade blushed as Gabriel hugged her and pulled her hair. She was embarrassed by her behavior when she was five, but could anyone blame her? Gabriel–or Kazuhiro–was the most beautiful person she had ever seen in her life, no matter when she was five or twenty eight. And he was also the nicest, kindest, and brightest person she had ever known too.

"And look where we are." He took her hand in his. "The little snot grows up to be the most beautiful woman in the world, succeeded in making me fall for her–head over heels–and I am honored to be the one who's going to marry her." He lifted her chin and kissed her softly. 

"So, seeing you guys are lovey dovey, am I going to expect any grandchildren soon?" Joichiro scratched his chin and beamed from happiness. His plan had worked beautifully, thanks to Akito's help.

"Mm, not until we're married, Jiji." Jade answered him, while Gabriel answered differently.

"As soon as possible, Joichiro-sama." And he smirked when Jade pinched him again.

"Well, you may call me Jiji too, Kazuhiro. You are now my grandson too." He patted Gabriel's back. "So, when's the wedding? I propose a spring or autumn wedding, what do you say?"

"Next year Jiji, and don't you dare say as soon as possible!" She poked Gabriel and it made him laugh and he hugged her.

"If you ask me, I want to marry you right here, right now. Our family is here, and all we need to do is call the official. The party could be held anytime you want, baby."

"I'd say it's a brilliant idea!" Joichiro was so excited as he left them to tell his daughter–Jade's mother–about the news.