Past

I felt like writing another chapter today soooo um...welcome to the next chapter!!!
I hope you're enjoying the story so far

I've realised I haven't written in this journal for a while and it's supposed to help me express my feelings as my mother used to say. I guess it has been helping, if only I wasn't so forgetful. And I was right, my aunt and uncle were hiding something after all. I knew it. My new life isn't so bad now, I have great friends and I even went out with my siblings today. I never thought riding a motorcycle would be fun, but I guess they proved me wrong. But of course with good always comes bad, so far I've had multiple run-ins with the schools hottest topic, Tyler Blake. I honestly don't know what's wrong with me, if I look deep enough into his eyes I swear I've seen them somewhere before. I must be going insane. Don't even get me started on his smile, the way his dimples appear at the sides of his face makes my stomach twist. Maybe going insane isn't too bad then. I may be a little bit attracted to him but that's just another reason to stay away from him. These feelings have to stop before they turn into a problem I can't fix.

I shut my journal and slip it under my pillow, I check my phone that I never use to see the time 3:00 it read. What is it with me not being able to sleep, I tried shutting my eyes again and moved around in my bed a bit more in a struggle to find a good position to fall asleep in. I ended up pulling myself out of bed to check the time again 3:15. "How was that only 15 minutes!" I said with a sigh. I let out a silent shriek at hearing something that sounded like a growl. I turned around to see Daisy sound asleep, turned to her side. Turns out the loud growl I heard was Daisy snoring. This girl's snores didn't sound like normal snores, they were abnormally loud. They reminded me of how a hyena sounded.

I managed to hold in a laugh and slip on some shoes. Maybe going on a little walk around will help me get tired. Before I left I took a torch out of Daisy's bag that was left open wide next to her bedside table. I mean why leave your bag wide open if you didn't expect someone to look through it? I took it and left the room and closed the door as silently as I could behind me. I remember Nick showing me the library when I first came here, would it still be open at this time? Probably not, but for some reason I was really in the mood for reading something. It took me a few wanders but eventually I found myself standing at the door of the library. Surprisingly it was open, I guess the school doesn't mind their students snooping through libraries at 3:00am in the morning. At least now I know if I'm in the mood for reading I can always show up at anytime I want.

I walked in trying to find the light switch but after a minute or two I just gave up and went in anyway. It was pretty stupid, walking into a library so early in the morning with nothing but a torch, but I really didn't care. I scanned through all the books to find something to read and somehow ended up in the history book section. I looked at each book one by one when my eyes were immediately dragged to a book title that read 'Night Bloods' I picked it up and found the nearest chair to sit in. I flicked through the pages when I felt a presence behind me. Who the hell would be in a library this early in the morning in the dark? Well me obviously but who else?

"BOO" said a voice from behind me. It startled me to much I flew off of my chair and ended up on the ground. I shon my light into the person's face. I instantly noticed the person's perfect features; green eyes, messy brown hair, perfect jawline. This was Tyler Blake.

"What are you doing here?!" I asked him in utter shock

"I could ask you the same question"

I show the light directly into his eyes now, he squinted his eyes and quickly turned away. "You're gonna blind me with that, you do know there's a light switch" and with that he disappeared.

I just shrugged and turned back to my book continuing to flick through the pages until the room was flooded with light. I couldn't prevent my mouth from falling open "Where were the lights?!" I yelled

"Right next to the door" he said in a surprisingly calm tone

I was at a loss for words "So you're telling me that I've been sitting here with a torch in the dark and the light switch was RIGHT NEXT TO THE DOOR!" I couldn't help myself my temper got the best of me. He seemed to find my anger very amusing and I could tell he was struggling to contain a laugh.
"That's exactly what I'm telling you" he said while snatching the book away from me

"Hey! Give that back!" I say while reaching out to try and get the book back from him, I knew there was no use. He was much taller than me.

"Why are you reading about night bloods?" he said keeping his gaze fixated on the book pages

"Um no reason" I say stupidly not being able to think of a believable answer

"I know there's a reason Rose there's no point hiding it from me"

"I was just interested in them after our history class with Nick, that's all"

"Hm I see and is that the only reason?" he said returning his gaze back to me

"I thought you said I should stay away from you, what are you doing here anyway?" I ask him genuinely intrigued

"Couldn't sleep" he said "And if I knew you would be here I wouldn't have come, but somehow you seem to appear everywhere. Seems I can't get rid of you" he said rolling his eyes

I stood up and kicked him as hard as I could in the inside of his leg. His facial expression was priceless. While he was distracted I managed to snatch the book away and sat back down in my seat.

"Next time I'll go for a more painful place" I said with a smirk

Before I even managed to react he grabbed my arm and pinned me against the nearest wall. He was tall enough to tower over me, looking straight down at me. I tried my best to get myself out but his hold on me was too strong. I felt the heat of our bodies next to each other and the smell of his minty breath on my skin. For some reason the tension between us made my legs start to wobble to the point I couldn't feel my legs anymore. Why did he have this much of an effect on me?

"Let me go now" I said to him commandingly

"I told you, you don't mess with someone like me" I heard him whisper against my ear which made the side of my ear tingle at his touch.

"Let me go"

"I told you already, what you want doesn't matter to me so what makes you think you can boss me around" for some reason the tone of his voice reminded me a bit of my father. Calm but lethal. The painful reminder of my past caused me to stay silent at his words. As traumatic memories started flooding back to me. I can't keep thinking about this, it will only break me even more.

"I'm not trying to boss you around, it's just that you pinned me against this wall against my will" I said knowingly, trying to block out the memories that slowly started coming back to me.

"Are you forgetting that you hurt me against my will" he said

"Can you let me go now, I just want to read my book" he surprisingly did let me go

"Only because I got bored" he said while walking off somewhere

"Where are you going?" I ask him

"To find a book" he said in a 'duh' tone

For some reason this shocked me, this guy really way unpredictable. I sat back in my chair for the third time and picked up my book that was now on the floor. I scanned the book before I managed to stop on a page which at the top read 'Michael Anderson' seeing my father's name on paper sent anger souring through me. This man didn't deserve to be written about, he didn't deserve to have his name remembered. Despite my anger, my wondering got the best of me.

The pages contained things about him that I already knew. It read about his wife and my mother Elise Anderson and how he lead a group of rebellious night bloods to war. I finally came to a sub-title 'Deal with the devil' and at reading the words written clearly on the page I dropped the book with trembling fingers.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, it's getting interesting now?
What did Rose find out?

How will Tyler react to this?