Return

Charlotte whispered something into Tyler's ear and he laughed slightly. For some reason it made my blood boil seeing them together like this. I know it's wrong and I shouldn't react or even be feeling this way but...I just can't help it.

Before I could even stop myself I found myself getting up from my table, prepared to leave. I felt a light tap on my shoulder, I turn round to see Sam, a wide smile presented in his face. "Hey, I was looking for you! You ready?" he asked me

Tyler actually told him.

"Yeah sure I'm ready, but weren't you supposed to meet me at the field?" I ask in response

"I was heading there but then I saw you and I couldn't help myself" a chuckle escaped his mouth which brought a smile to my face too.

"You should smile more, it's beautiful" he says making me blush

"Yes thank you, I'll try my best" I say and he nods while holding out his hand for me to take it and I do.

He leads me to the field behind the school, Daisy had already set up a whole picnic, I told her not to but when it comes to Daisy she doesn't take no for an answer. We walked over to a red and white picnic blanket, on top of it was a basket and two plates places next to it next to some cutlery.

I was still shocked Daisy actually did this for me, actually put in all this effort for me. I didn't even try to hide the shock in my expression when I saw the layout and I'm sure Sam noticed how shocked I was too.

"So I'm guessing you didn't make this" he laughs

"Nope, but I was going to but Daisy beat me too it" he laughs even harder before setting me down next to him on the blanket. He started taking out all different sorts of foods even a fruit salad.

"Can I ask you something?" he asks me

"Sure" I reply

"How are you such a great fighter? You're nearly better than Tyler, maybe even better"

"I guess I was taught well..." I was going to say more but I just couldn't make myself.

Sam must have heard my hesitation because he started asking about who trained me and I quickly replied with "my father"

"He must have been a great trainer seeing how good you are"

"His methods weren't that great but I guess it payed off in the end" I say in response

"Was he strict?" He asks

"You could say that" I say almost in a whisper I'm not sure if he even heard it

"How did he train you? I should get myself a better teacher" he laughs it off, his questions were starting to really get on my nerves. It's not like he knows anything so it's not really his fault though.

"Can we change the subject?" I quickly say and he nods.

The rest of the picnic went pretty smoothly. We just talked caught up on things and I actually had a good time with him. Not like I expected not to have a good time but you know what I mean.

Sam had his swim trials much earlier than mine so he we both had to leave early so he could get ready. He would definitely make it.

I think.

I hope.

Anyways...

I heard my phone buzz a few times and I yanked it out of my pocket, the number was Greyson's.

Which is a bit strange because he never called before, I pick up and he instantly starts talking "Hey Rose? We're all going to the house to clean up the blood and everything" I heard someone shout something from I'm assuming next to him "You wanna come you don't have to come" it was Axel.

I really didn't want to look at that my dead relatives bodies again, I had seen enough and I don't plan on going to that scene again. "Is it okay if I miss out on this one?" I ask them

"Sure yeah that's fine we assumed you'd say no, we'll call you when we get back okay?"

"Okay" and with that I hung up.

________________

I've been in the library for nearly an hour now, I've been reading about my family mostly.

But of course I studied too...

A little bit...

Oh who am I kidding I haven't done any studying apart from history by the looks of it. But then again do I really need it? I find my classes pretty easy anyway soooo does it really matter?

I highly doubt it.

My trials were in a few hours so I had time, I can just walk around the underworld for a bit now that my classes were finished.

It took all the motivation I had in me to get up from the too comfortable library seat.

I really hate walking.

The underworld doesn't sound so great but it's beautiful. It sort of reminds me of the pictures I had seen of New York. Of course I had never been because I was never allowed out of the house.

It reminded me of New York but somehow darker. It wasn't even that light in the day, we still need lights around to make things more visible of course. I passed my brothers' motorcycles or shall I say beasts. They even look intimidating.

Not that I get scared easily

Obviously.

I eventually found myself in front of a sword shop. Completely accidental.

I went in and there were swords EVERYWHERE. And by everywhere I mean everywhere. They were even on the ceiling.

The CEILING!

In a few minutes I had officially been round every inch of of this shop. The swords felt amazing.

And I know that sounds weird but I just like holding swords, it makes me feel powerful.

There was one last sword that was almost hidden behind three other swords. It had gold on the sides and something engraved in it.

"Anderson" I said out loud, it read Anderson. I immediately backed away from the sword, almost tripping over my feet. That's my father's sword. It was either the same sword or a replica which it could be.

But even the reminder of my father made me nervous, the last name that he gave us haunted me. I felt my heart hammering against my chest, why did he have such an effect on me? That bastard.

I just stood there and stared at I guess you could call it my family sword. I finally picked it up and gripped onto it as hard as I could, admiring the beautiful patterns on the sword.

Until I heard a familiar voice from behind me...

"Rose, I see you've missed me?"

Now that was a voice I could never forget, you could hear it in the tone of his voice. You could hear the aggression, the coldness.

I felt my throat closing up as I quickly realised the voice belonged to the monster I had feared for so long. The person I hated with every bit of myself.

My father.