Seeing him again

I just wanted to say thank you so much for 5k reads!!! I hope you're enjoying the story so far because this is only the beginning *wink wink

The rest of the lessons went by quite quickly and I tried to stay away from Tyler and Charlotte as much as possible. Fortunately, Tyler seemed to be ignoring me too but Charlotte just wouldn't leave me alone. I've been holding back but I swear if she so much as comes near me I might "accidentally" knock her out. That would be quite a show, maybe that would finally shut her up.

I had agreed to go and retrieve the body with my siblings today, I honestly don't think I'm going to be able to do it but I'm not letting Ashton get through this alone so after my lessons I stood outside the elevator waiting for my siblings to show up. They were really taking their sweet time getting here. "Hey, you ready?" I saw Greyson coming down the stairs, followed by Axel, Claire and Ashton who was walking extremely slow so he was really behind.

I was about to press the button but for some reason I couldn't get my body to move any further. I just stood there frozen until I felt a hand on my shoulder and someone had pressed the button for me. I didn't bother to see who it was, I just closed my eyes and looked away from the tragedy I'm about to see once again. The doors started to open and I found myself gripping on to someones shoulder, very hard. I turned around to see Claire biting back the pain "Sorry" I choke out

"It's okay Rose" she smiled, I knew it was a forced smile but I didn't ask. When the doors were wide open, Aidan's lifeless body lay there surrounded by a pool of blood. I let out a gasp and bury my head into someone's hard chest. They didn't push me away, instead they gripped me tighter. "It's okay, Rose you don't have to look" Axel whispered to me. I didn't even try to look in Ashton's direction, he must be horrified. I stayed in Axel's grip for a while until I finally let go and followed Greyson and Claire inside.

As I swallowed the lump in my throat, I looked around at the horrifying scene and took a deep long breath. Greyson was already on both knees, he took the dagger out of Aidan's chest and placed it on the floor next to him. I finally looked at Ashton, he was as pale as a ghost, he had tears forming in his eyes as he just stood there, frozen solid. Staring at his twin's body with widened eyes. I went over to him and pulled him in to a tight hug. I bit back tears as he sobbed into my shoulder. "I'm so sorry Ashton"

"You don't understand Rose, it should have been me not him. He was good, happy and full of life." he sniffled so much  in between words I barely understood what he was saying. "If anything, it's my fault. I was there with him I could of done something. Anything. I was trained my whole life for this, and I couldn't even save my own brother" I choke out.

"That's enough Rose, you can't keep blaming yourself for this do you understand what that will do to you? The guilt would eat you alive, it's not your fault that he's dead. You can't overthink this." Greyson said in his usually deep, intimidating voice. He was stood up now and looking straight at me.

"We need to carry this body back" Axel said

"I'll carry him" Greyson picks up the body and throws it round his shoulder. I get flashbacks from when Aidan and I were on our way to the house and Aidan lifted me up and carried me all the way there despite my objections. When we got there he dropped me and I landed on my butt. I was so annoyed at him then, his stupid pointless jokes and comments. I wished to rid myself of them, now I would do anything to hear one of his jokes again. It's funny isn't it? Only in death you start to realise just how much you love someone.

No one wanted to tell anyone about it, but he deserved a proper funeral so the school had to know. They also had to know that there is a potential threat to everyone now. Some people would be scared of the situation we were all in, me on the other hand I was just waiting to see the people in black hoods again who killed my brother, my aunt and my uncle. I was just waiting for the perfect time to kill them, they were going to pay for what they did to my family. Now that I think about it death is too kind, their punishment needed to be much much worse.

Once we finally got to the school, Claire and I went on a hunt for the nearest teacher. "Nick!" I shouted, I saw him pass one of the hallways and just ran to follow him while Claire followed. "Nick!" we yelled in sync and he had finally heard us and stopped. This man was definitely partly death because that took way too much effort. "Holy moly sir are you partly death?" I was still out of breath

"Rose watch your tone with me, remember I am your teacher if you haven't forgotten"

"With all due respect sir this is not time for your lectures we have an emergency" I say

"Follow us" Claire said from behind me, we slowed our pace so our slow ass teacher could follow us.

We got to where the body was, and when he finally saw it he just stood over the body with widened eyes. "I'm so sorry, this is your brother isn't it" you could almost hear the pity in his tone, which made me angry really. I was going to say something but Ashton had already started talking.

"Sir this really isn't the time for pity, we need to do something with this body because I don't know about all of you but I really can't stand looking at my dead brother anymore."

"Yes of course sorry, we will have to plan a funeral as soon as possible for your brother and if you don't mind me asking, for safety reasons I need to know how he died"

"He was murdered." I say quickly "He was murdered by people in black hoods. I remember the hoods had a red stripe and they had access to all different weapons"

"And our father Chris and his wife were also killed by an attack on our house." Greyson added
We obviously couldn't tell them that Chris was in fact not our father, and Lena was our aunt and they of course weren't married. But that's the only believable story.

"Why was Aidan at your house? Shouldn't he have be en in school?" Nick asked

"I was there with him, it was for a bet um sir." I say

"A bet! Your brother was killed for a bet!" he roared
"It sounds like it was a planned attack on your family so we need to take precautions"

We all just stayed silent at that, it did sound really stupid but it's not like we knew anything would happen the exact time and day we came to our house. Coincidence? I don't think so.

"I'll let you off for now since you all clearly need a break from this. I'll let you off from classes for a few days, we will handle the funeral." He was more calm now

"Thank you." we all say. I felt bad leaving the body to people we barely know, but honestly I can't look at it anymore it makes me feel sick. We all went back to our rooms soon after, except me I didn't go to my room. I walked over to Sam's instead.

I knocked on the door lightly, and almost instantly it swung open. Sam stood there, a wide smile on his face. "You came!" he opened the door more so I could step in, the first thing I saw was Tyler, laying on one of the beds phone in hand.