Aim and throw

I walk over to where Andrew and Tyler standing, Andrew looked genuinely impressed. Tyler  just kept his same emotionless expression that nearly never left his face. From what I see he looked more concerned than impressed. Maya's jaw dropped as she just stared at the ripped open target, she mouthed the word "how". The trainer just clapped and moved the broken board away. I just shrugged and watched as Maya picked up four of the less heavy knives. I closed my eyes the second the knife hit the target or I look to the floor, I just knew Tyler was seeing this and fortunately, he didn't ask about it and Andrew seemed too distracted in watching Maya to notice anything else around him.

After Maya had finished with the knives she turned to me "How the hell? I thought you wouldn't be able to do it because of your broth-" she stopped herself when she realised what she just said, I just gave her a look and she gave me an apologetic stare when Tyler turned to me "Why wouldn't you be able to do it?" he asked

"I was just-" I scanned my mind for an answer "nervous" I say

"You seem like you have experience, why the hell would you be nervous?" he sounded demanding all of a sudden "I don't owe you an explanation" I spat, I saw him clench his jaw "I'll find out anyway, sooner or later" he sneered and walked off to freaking Charlotte who was snickering with some friends behind us. "I apologise for um well...him" Andrew said while running off to him.

I rolled my eyes as Tyler made his way to her and she started laughing about something she said. I just ignored it, its not like I care. Maya caught me staring for a bit "Were you staring?" she gasps "Do you like...like him?" she said in a whisper.

my jaw dropped in shock "Like him? I hate him, I don't want anything to do with him he's just an arrogant piece of sh-" I started

"Ok ok I get it, if you're not nervous still we can go take some more throws and you can teach me you ways" I gave her a slight smile and we walked towards the knives, this time Maya picked up a heavier knife and I picked up the heaviest out of the lot just like I did before.

There were other people throwing them so we had to be careful, but it shouldn't be a problem since the other targets were split from this one, so unless someone has has extremely bad aim we should be good.

Although seeing knives flying everywhere did effect me in some way I just ignored the aching in my heart, I knew Aidan would want me to. I did really try to explain the best I could what my brothers had taught me about form and aim when it came to knife throwing. I fixed Maya's stance as it was a bit off but I tried to avoid any demonstrations and after a few attempts Maya was hitting almost all of them in the middle or close to it.

I went over to the target again to retrieve the knife Maya had thrown but the second I turned back round a knife was flung in my direction, of course on instinct I caught it just in time, I don't even think it would have hit me even if I hadn't caught it. It looked like it was aimed at the target next to me. What idiot would throw a knife when I am clearly standing right next to where they were aiming? As I held it in my right hand, I let out a deep breath and closed my eyes, trying to block all the memories away. I stared at the knife for only a moment, knowing if I stare to long I would start to feel again. And I really can't afford that.

I then looked up at a smirking Tyler, he was standing next to Charlotte who was laughing while gripping on to the side of his arm. I internally gagged at the sight, two big idiots they're perfect for each other. I flung the the knife back and it flew right in between Charlotte and Tyler and slightly grazed Tyler's shoulder.

He didn't seem fazed by the blood now oozing out of his shoulder, he just lifted up an eyebrow at me and stalked off with Charlotte following close behind while calling his name. "Desperation doesn't look good on her" I say under my breath.