"i'm sorry. it could have been wonderful." she replied, a sad smile lacing her lips.

once more, the world was against them. a frigid wind brushed over their bodies, and an uncomfortable hush descended around them. heizou sent a sorrowful grin towards her way, "it's fine." he started, however, you knew he was lying.

there were such a lot of feelings concealed inside his eyes, but he was never willing to cry in front of you. prior to saying anything else, your hand was seized by heizou, who then drew you close to his face.

closing the distance between you two, your eyes wide and you just let him lean closer. he cocked his head and his gentle lips were caressing yours, a kiss that held such a lot of feeling, love, yearning, and desperation.

you stood there with your eyes wide, letting him kiss you with such passion that it seemed like he didn't want to let go of you. you came to the realization that you would miss the warmth of his embraces and the feel of his kisses on yours.

before he could grab your waist and deepen the kiss, however, you realized that everything now seemed off. he retreated from you after being shoved by you with a horrified look on his face.

you once more expressed your regret by saying "i'm sorry." before turning away to avoid witnessing his anguished face as a result of you.

the moment you turned to leave, arms instantly encircled your figure. he gave you another warm embrace from behind, and at that precise moment, you felt the previously suppressed tears begin to flow.

he spoke in a shaky voice, "i would rather not let go of you, i love you." you could as of now tell he was crying and you realized there were more tears tumbling down his eyes, yet you stayed with your decision despite the fact that your heart shouted not to.

you grabbed hold of his arms that were wrapped around your waist and pulled them free, saying, "please, let me go. it's for the better, heizou." your voice faltered as you uttered "goodbye." you soon continued walking away.

as multiple pins pierced your heart and tears streamed down your face, you abruptly left him, causing him the greatest amount of anguish he had ever known.

days had already gone after their breakup, and they were still not speaking or exchanging glances. as y/n grew dissatisfied with herself, heizou was left wondering why they had to end their relationship.

however, there was always this ethereal wall that separated them. they both miss the warmth of one other and the closure. they were formerly in a romantic relationship, but they are now just strangers with memories.

the auburn-headed boy hastily strolled toward his dorm after the class had finished, still upset that y/n could never glance at him and how it aches him seeing her stay away from him day in and day out.

even though he grimaced at the thought, he was desperate to find out why she had broken up with him so soon. he offered a lot of reasons, but how can he back them up? just as he was preparing to consider a number of possibilities.

a girl with her arms crossed in front of the door was giving him a scowl as she stood there. heizou abruptly stopped and stood there, perplexed by her presence. he then began to wipe his eyes. determining whether or not he was having a hallucination

he inquired upon learning that he wasn't, "what on earth are you doing here?"

as she made her way to the ex-boyfriend of her crush, colombina scoffed. "to check up on you, of course. must be devasting to split up with y/n huh?" she taunted and heizou rolled his eyes.

heizou got straight to the point as the mood swiftly shifted to one of foreboding, "what do you want, you definitely did not visit me only to make fun of me." he was looking at colombina, so she crossed her arms and looked away.

she said, "y/n loves you. she broke up with you because her mother is such a lousy mom and planned for y/n to marry scaramouche. therefore if you ever think you lacked something that led to the demise of the relationship, don't," she counseled, without allowing the boy to respond.

"she genuinely loves you, and i know she couldn't break the news to you. thus, i'll tell you instead, just for her, not you." she spat and rolled her eyes, still holding a grudge against him, especially since the scavenger hunt.

the boy just kept quiet, which caused her to look at him puzzled because of the sudden quietness. he drew attention to the obvious by asking, "why are you telling me this? i mean, you could've not since you loathe me."

unaware of how intelligent the boy is, the shorter girl sighed but realized she couldn't dodge this topic.

she admitted, "because i approve of the relationship between you two. you're a lot better than scaramouche, and i love y/n. she deserves better and i want to see her happy even if it's with someone else."

she was met with silence once more when she anticipated the boy to show a surprised expression. with a bitter chuckle, colombina spoke, "it's alright, and if you have questions just message me," handing him a piece of paper with her phone number on it.

she then remarked, "i guess we're even now." before turning to leave.

END OF CHAPTER 28

chapter written: august 10 2022

if u guys r wondering, they're in their 3rd year of college <3 the remaining chapters will be most likely published later 😔😔