20; scara

jean looked over at you as you were arranging folders in the drawers, "are you sure you could handle all these papers?"

you smiled to show her you can handle things on your own, saying, "of course, it's just a piece of cake for me and you absolutely have to go on the date with lisa."

jean simply sighed and nodded, relieved that there is at least one competent student council member.

the taller woman hurriedly grabbed her bag and smiled sweetly in your direction. "thank you, y/n. i owe you, next time." she stated and you shook your head in response, "just enjoy the date for me."

jean smiled at that and nodded before departing the student council room and leaving you alone. except for the sounds of fumbling with papers and files, the area was filled with a peaceful silence.

you took the notepad and, after placing them in order, wrote a small check next to the task you had just completed. you swiftly left the room after the following objective, which was to acquire some books from the library.

even though classes had already ended, some students continued working on projects in their classrooms while others completed their homework in the library. as you passed a few students in the hallways, the sun had already dropped beyond the horizon.

unexpectedly, you can feel your phone vibrate from the pocket of your skirt. already expecting what the notif was, you immediately hauled your phone out and saw a message from heizou.

he sent you a picture of a starbucks drink he had specially ordered for you along with the message 'i'm heading to the student council room, you need to take a break so i bought a tiny drink for yo ;)' you couldn't help but laugh.

before you could respond, he sent another picture of a french toast with the caption, 'i also bought two french toast for both of us <3' the simple message made your heart race and brought back a joyful feeling.

you typed, 'i can't wait to hang out with you, i'm going to the library to get some books, you can wait for me.' and hit send, completely oblivious to the indigo-headed menace that was heading your way as you were chatting to your lover.

"y/n." his recognizable voice caused you to swiftly stop, when you saw the person you intended to avoid for the rest of your life, you suddenly stopped, setting down your phone, and your face was covered in perplexity.

you heaved out a groan, not enjoying his presence at all, "what the fuck do you want from me?"

scaramouche crossed both of his arms and wore a solemn attitude that piqued your curiosity. "i have something important to tell you."

you retaliated by saying, "you have no definition of what's important," and then swiftly backed away from him to finish your work. "now, if you'll excuse me—" he quickly grabbed your arm to prevent you from walking away from him, and he gave you a direct look in return.

"i want you back."

finally expressing the feeling he had been trying to say to her ever since he had broken up with her. by this point, he would have been content with y/n if only his mother hadn't interfered with their relationship.

the fact that the h/c-headed girl is now officially dating heizou has just made it painful more than it already did. he couldn't just hold this sorrow within; he also couldn't accept that she was spending the best time of her life with someone else while he was still attempting to move on.

the words he had spoken caused your mouth to drop open and your eyes to widen, but you chose to scowl at him instead. you spat, jerking his hand away from you, "you're so full of yourself to believe i'd say the same to you."

however, before he could hold your hand to make you listen to him, you were certain that he wouldn't just give up. finally, someone dragged you away from him as your back was pushed against their chest.

heizou then appeared, his words laced with hatred, and he gave scaramouche a stern look before saying, "touch her again and i'll rip your heart out."

heizou remarked, his arm around you and a sneer at the bowl-cut person's form, "she's mine, not yours, i won't just freely give her to you." scaramouche's only response to his unexpected appearance was a glare.

"you know nothing about our relationship by any means." scara expressed, irritated at how his heart gripped at the sight of you being in another person's arms. "you plainly don't deserve her." heizou answered, his hold on you tighten.

you shook yourself free from heizou's tight hold just as scaramouche was ready to reply. you hurried over to scaramouche with a furious look crossed your face as you raised your hand and slapped him across the face.

the action caused heizou to widen his eyes, and he secretly wanted to hype you up on finally slapping scaramouche in the face.

"don't bother me, scara. there's no more us so leave it, and allow me to be content for once. i'm not yours, and you can't meddle in my affairs any longer. i only ask that you please be happy for our relationship and put the past in the past."

the boy in front of you was so shocked by the stinging pain in his cheek and your harsh words to him that he could do nothing but remain silent. he simply can't. he simply can't let you go so easily since he loves you so deeply.

but he didn't even dared to move as he watch you head back to heizou, your hand holding his. "we should go heizou, i'll enjoy some time off first before i'll follow through with this task." you smiled at me the reddish-brown headed boy.

god, that smile she used to give him. heizou let out a laugh and nodded, squeezing his hand on yours. but not without heizou sneering at scaramouche and sticking out his tongue.

finally the two of you started walking away, leaving scaramouche wandering off into his own thoughts.

after the couple had vanished from his view, he felt tears welling up in his eyes as he tightly balled his fist.

and just like that he let you leave him with his feelings in a tangle and he felt like different pins wounding in his heart. "fuck."

END OF CHAPTER 20

chapter written: july 24 2022

Y/N AND HEIZOU'S RELATIONSHIP IS SO CUTE IT MAKES ME WANNA CRY HDFhgsh, and happy birthday to our dear heizou !!! i wasn't supposed to update but it's his birthday so why not <3