27; no surprises

as scaramouche left twitter and opened the photos app, he was distractedly scrolling through his phone

as scaramouche left twitter and opened the photos app, he was distractedly scrolling through his phone. he realizes with his indigo eyes, that the only photos he has of you are from when the two of you were still dating, and the rest are mere of you shooting selfies on his phone.

he then clicked on one specific photo that ultimately brought back those memories. the two of you were having a sleepover at your house when you recommended shooting a picture to remember this moment.

prior to you persuading him, it was anticipated that scara would disagree. the phone was held high above the two of you, and you had a smile on your lips while scara simply smiled slightly. you were standing close to his figure.

his lips softened into a smile as he recalled before he swiped to the next image. you were taking a funny selfie of yourself at the time with your tongue out. scara believed you had taken his phone without him noticing, so you took advantage of the opportunity to take selfies.

he chuckled at this and swiped through the subsequent pictures, which still featured ridiculous selfies of yourself until he came to one specific picture. in the middle of a karaoke duet, the two of you were looking into each other's eyes.

he can't remember taking this photo, therefore he assumes childe or signora did. he looked at the picture and appreciated your features, and a bitter feeling subsided as he realized he would never have that moment again, especially if it is with you.

just as he was ready to swipe to the next one while striving to push away the feeling he'd been trying to suppress. when the door abruptly rang with a knock, scara swiftly shot his head up and shouted, "what now?"

one of the butlers announced: "sir scaramouche, your father demands your presence in the main room." the boy with the indigo hair jumped out of bed in a flash and went straight outside.

he was wondering why on earth his father was here and why he had called for him. he was aware that whatever he would say to him would be no good.

his train of thinking was quickly interrupted when he entered the living room. the mood was unsettling, and when he saw his mother seated on the couch across from his father, his curiosity was further piqued.

the boy reluctantly took a seat on the other empty couch, not relishing the uneasy stillness around him, particularly his father's solemn expression and his mother's irritation.

he made the assumption that the two had fought. before he could consider the reasons why. "scaramouche, you're getting married to someone." his father bluntly declared, speaking up in his usual gruff voice.

scaramouche's eyes widened, and he swiftly got out of his seat to consider whether he had understood correctly. his mother only scoffed as his father added, "you're getting married to y/n. we have been arranging this since weeks ago."