10; pocky game

great

great.

was the first thing that sprang to mind when you and heizou completed this couple game, which included a series of simple objectives such as heizou holding your bridal style and being the last couple standing.

it was simple since heizou is strong enough to endure a long time, and he teased you the entire time (to keep you entertained, he says) as you tried to kick him in the face.

while your guys' classmates cheered from the crowd as other couples lost, you and your partner advanced to the following round.

the problem is, you weren't planning on winning this dumb game, but heizou, who was grating on your nerves, compelled you to do so. with the simple arrangement of 'if we win this game, i'll leave you alone tomorrow.'

he won't make you lose, at the very least, because he wanted to be a power couple.

you're not going to turn down that offer.

when there are only two couples left, one of which is you two. the host then showed the audience a box of pocky, indicating the last game.

"the goal of the game is to be the first player to reach the center without breaking or dropping the stick, so get ready to play!"

heizou was handed a piece of pocky after that, and the two of you exchanged glances. he declared before you could object, "i'm getting the chocolate side." instantly, he put his mouth on the side.

he smiled since he knew you wouldn't be able to get the pocky from him. you moved your lips to the opposite side, rolling your eyes at his childishness. the game has officially started.

taking little bites as it approaches the center. instead of focusing your e/c-eyes on heizou's, you turned a bit to look at scaramouche from the crowd of people seated in the chairs.

he was staring at you two like a predator stalking its prey. you then remembered his precise comments when he found out you are dating, heizou, out of all people.

after calling you out of the blue, he questioned, "was it true the two of you are dating?" "yes, but what's the issue?"

scara sighed before responding directly. "obviously, the two of you are faking it."

"you're most likely only whimsical to trust that. wake up to reality this time, scaramouche."

for a short second, the male locked his gaze on you. "prove it to me, then, that you actually love him."

at that exact moment, you had entirely forgotten about heizou's offer, as all you could think about were the words echoing in your ears. the boy in front of you lifted his eyebrow in confusion.

he wanted her to pay attention to him again, but when he took a bite, inches away from her lips. he felt a hand slipping through his hair and a strong force drawing him towards her.

heizou couldn't handle what on god's green earth is happening until he felt delicate lips contact his.

his olive-green eyes widened at the action when he at last acknowledged y/n, you, who clearly doesn't like him is actually kissing him at this moment. in front of a large audience

before you could give him a chance to return the kiss, you quickly pulled away, panting heavily after making such a daring move. heat shot up your cheeks as you observed a large crowd watching the two of you almost make out.

the winners were immediately declared by the host. scaramouche, who appeared astonished by your sudden move, caught your gaze. you didn't wait for the host's further words before grabbing heizou's hand and dragging him off the stage.

the auburn-haired boy was still flustered, and his words were hardly coming out. after all, it was his first kiss, and he never expected it to be public. though he enjoyed it on the inside, it added spice to his first kiss.

after reaching a secluded spot away from the crowds you instantly averted heizou's sight, not wanting him to notice how scarlet your face has become as a result of your embarrassment.

"i never anticipated you to do anything like this, we're you that desperate to make out with me?"

"you're not helping heizou, and i wasn't either; i was demonstrating my undying love for you in front of scaramouche."

and with that remark, he immediately stopped talking because he realized why you did it. people are bound to doubt the two's relationship, so he couldn't blame you. he understood you did the correct thing to convince the others more.

you immediately cut him off before he could at least inform you that you did the right thing. "i'm very sorry, i kissed you without your consent," you said, eventually confronting him with a scarlet flush on your cheeks.

the boy simply chuckled and whispered something under his breath that you could barely hear. "cute."

but then heizou took a step closer to you, cupping your cheeks with both hands and drawing you closer to his face. he muttered, "this makes it even," and this time his delicate lips fell on yours.

you let his lips meet yours once more, allowing yourself to kiss back while you dissolved into his delicate lips against yours.

through the kiss, you can feel his lips jerking into a tiny smirk as he slipped his hands on your waist and pulled you closer to deepen the kiss.

it's clear he's having a good time.

however, there it felt like a dark cloud looming over them. after the two pulled away with each breath they exchanged, they can't change the way that the kiss made no difference by any means.

"this meant nothing at all, right?" you uttered eventually, your e/c-eyes meeting his as he still kept his grip on your waist.

he repeated the same phrase, "no strings attached." although his eyes said otherwise.

END OF CHAPTER 10

chapter written: june 18 2022