02; lunch

seated on the ground while your eyes met childe, who was waving sweetly at you as if he hadn't ditched you before, a groan escaped your lips

seated on the ground while your eyes met childe, who was waving sweetly at you as if he hadn't ditched you before, a groan escaped your lips. with that silly grin, the ginger head flopped right alongside you.

"thanks for dumping my ass back there," you growled, and he seemed offended by you. "i was protecting mine," he joked while raising both arms in defense and shrugging his shoulders.

both of them kept on eating their lunch, with childe talking about their subject from prior as y/n being gone at that point. the subject abruptly shifted to "what did you do throughout the period?"

"i obviously need to purchase another boba tea for him." you jeered after taking a chomp of your salmon, "and it cost 10k mora, for your information, which was absolutely absurd," you expressed, pointing your chopsticks at him.

"if you hadn't simply happened to run into him-"

"that idiot jerk, he's the one who collided with me."

childe sweatdropped when he noticed you shoving more food into your mouth, an indication that you were irritated by the unpleasant situation from earlier. however, at that point, he brought up, "but wasn't he sort of your type?"

you started choking on your food as fast coughs exited your lips since the words took you by surprise. the boy next to you panicked and grabbed the water bottle, which he handed to you.

rolling your eyes at his statement as you chugged the water. "that sort of personality, no. however, he's kind of cute, but he's still a terrible jerk," you answered, and the ginger merely chuckled, opting to tease you.

"our y/n is finally growing! zhongli would be overjoyed!" he said, as you smacked him on the back of the head and warned him to shut up.

in the midst of their time talking on the rooftop, a specific auburn-haired boy was hanging out with his '5wirl' group of friends.

beneath a tree, sitting as xiao and kazuha ate their own meal, venti would recount a random collection of stories, accompanied by aether's laughter.

when out of nowhere aether brought up, "you weren't able to attend your first period, right, heizou?" causing the other three to stop what they were doing and shift their attention to heizou, who appeared unfazed.

heizou replied, "oh, some random girl knocked into me and caused me to spill my boba tea," before pulling a receipt from his uniform shorts pocket. "she also purchased me as an apology present!" he says, holding up the boba tea receipt.

the four of them were sweating profusely, knowing that the boy had forced her into it and that they had collided due to heizou's negligence. "what was her name?" venti inquired immediately.

heizou shrugged accordingly, "i didn't ask her, however, i currently find her interesting." he commented, opening a book named 'a legend of sword' yet he was just met with a silence which he brought his other eyebrow up in response.

noticed the four of them staring at him, bewilderment "is there something wrong with what i've said?" heizou inquired, as venti out of nowhere grabbed both of his shoulders. "that's the first time you've ever described someone as interesting, much alone a girl!"

similarly, as heizou was going to say something, a bowl-cut-haired boy moved toward them five with his arms crossed against his chest, "what's with all the fuss? everybody's looking at you."

the five spotted the other students going by while strangely glancing at them, as scramouche had pointed out.

venti got up from the ground and made a beeline for scaramouche, letting him know the stunning news, "heizou is interested in a girl!" to which scaramouche deadpanned accordingly.

"what is she like anyways, she'd probably be like the rest," he commented, taking a seat alongside heizou in the grass as venti returned to his spot.

heizou heaved at the remark, "she's not like the other rest. she has a h/c-hair and a cool set of e/c-eyes." scaramouche can feel his eyes somewhat went wide, then kazuha, at last, got to recognize the specific girl.

"oh, her name is y/n. i went to the same middle and high school as her," kazuha figured it out, drawing everyone's attention to him save scaramouche, who clenched his fist into a ball.

the name already rang a bell for xiao," she's good friends with my elder brother, zhongli," xiao remembered before chewing on his almond tofu, as he finally spoke out about the matter. heizou's attention was piqued once again as a result of this.

"not fair!" venti grumbled, his arms crossed, "how come you guys already met her." aether chuckled before questioning, "what was she like, kazuha? are you possibly close with her?"

kazuha stopped writing his poetry and closed his book, shifting his focus to respond. "i'm friends with her, however, she's a really hard-working girl and i appreciate her for it. yet, she's extremely strict when required."

as those words left kazuha's mouth, heizou abruptly rose up and smiled at his friends. "thanks for the information, i'll go chat to her more!" he said happily as he waved farewell before returning to university, leaving the group of boys alone.

"how absurd," scaramouche snarled when heizou had walked away. the four of them were taken aback by his words while seeing the indigo-haired boy walk away with an obvious irritation written on his face.

END OF CHAPTER 02

chapter written: may 20 2022