05; deal

the soon-to-be couple sat on one of the garden seats, one sipping a milk carton box and the other chewing on a piece of bread

"first and foremost, why did you ever conceive of such an idea?" you inquired, breaking the stillness between the two of you.

"it will benefit us, it's apparent as what advantages you, while me, i get to experience what it's like to be in a relationship, and i'll be able to talk about it with my friends and family," he began, already thinking how it would feel to brag about having a girlfriend.

you gave him a strange look for a second before saying, "no strings attached?"

heizou stopped briefly prior to answering, "no strings attached."

you agreed and proceeded to consider the many options for fake dating. "wouldn't it be odd if we met yesterday and are now dating?" you said after finishing your bread, "it would make people suspect our connection."

"good idea, how about we spend a week getting to know each other and then we go on this pretend to date, that wouldn't be too horrible right?" he offered, before abruptly grabbing a piece of candy and handing it to you.

giving him a perplexed look that he ignored and waited for you to grab the candy, which you did.

"and we'll end our romance whenever scaramouche wants me back, which is completely fine with you, right? " you came to a decision and looked at him.

heizou responded with a murmur, then suddenly moved closer to your face, inches away.

"however, what if he doesn't want you back at all? perhaps we can make it real instead."

the bell rang just after you opened your lips to speak, signaling that lunch was done.

"i'm looking forward to this deal, my watson- i mean, my future lover," heizou stepped up from the bench, without waiting for your reaction as he stretched his hand out.

that moniker was familiar to you because that was what your pen pal friend referred to you as because he was a huge sherlock holmes enthusiast.

"watson? i had no idea you liked sherlock holmes."

"that is why we need to spend more time getting to know one other."

"dear watson, that is to be sure one momentous day for yourself and i need to say that individual appears to be a headache

"dear watson,
that is to be sure one momentous day for yourself and i need to say that individual appears to be a headache. however, the way that they can bother you as heck, i might want to ultimately meet them. with respect to me, school is getting along admirably, and i have such a huge amount to expect during the current year. despite the fact that i hope that you before long fix the wreck that the individual had left you.
truly your sherlock."

as you waited outside the dorms for your hangout or should we say 'date' with heizou, you smiled as you read the letter written by your pen pal friend..

you didn't waste any time trying to change clothes and remained with your uniform since you just positioned your belongings in your quarters.

"what's that letter?"

a voice before long cut off the path of contemplations you were having and you in a split second shut the letter, prior to shoving it into your pocket.

"it's simply from a relative of mine! nevertheless, shall we go?" you asked, dismissing the matter with a nod from heizou.

soon after, the two started strolling off of the school's grounds, heading to a neighboring mall. heizou would devise questions to ask in order to have a better understanding of her.

while y/n would answer genuinely and furthermore fire back the inquiry to him as she wasn't exactly that great with getting to know somebody.

a car abruptly passed them on the sidewalk at a high speed, and mud splashed from the road toward the h/c-haired girl.

heizou's reflexes rushed out for his umbrella, which he brought with him, and opened it rapidly to cover her shape.

your eyes widened accordingly and were felt relieved that heizou saved your butt in time as he shut his umbrella.

his remark was plainly surprising, as you were anticipating an are you okay from him.

"don't get dirty now, we have a whole day ahead of us."

he drew you closer to him and clasped your hand in his, evidently catching you off guard, and heizou took advantage of it by strolling beside you. hand in hand.

the two of you grabbed a seat near the sofas as soon as you arrived at the mall and entered one of the cafés. "i'll go ahead and order, what do you want?" heizou questioned, looking across at the menu from the counter.

"a caramel frappe and a cookie, please, and i'll-" you began, but heizou had already entered the line as if he didn't want to hear you explain that you'd be paying.

sighing, you pulled out your phone and started responding to sara's texts about how bothersome itto is. despite the fact that she seemed to love his company.

heizou returned a few minutes later with a tray containing their beverages and meals.

"this is my treat, so you don't need to pay." he noted, giving your caramel frappe and treat as he requested dark espresso and a few macaroons.

you just hummed back, not bothering to say anything because he'd always respond with a comment.

"now continue with our inquiries," heizou abruptly interjected, "as of now, what do you despise the most?"

placing the straw in your drink and responding, "that one pervert named albert, you've undoubtedly heard of him since he usually pursues barbara around and tries to snap photographs of her undies"

heizou almost choked on his drink when he heard your remark. "also, he doesn't get caught? or on the other hand is barbara even mindful by any means?" he addressed, coughing daintily.

you shook your head, "i don't have the foggiest idea how he hasn't been caught, and he never had effective endeavors of taking pictures of barbara." you replied, adding a comment, "he makes me extremely uncomfortable."

"how would you react if he did the same to you?" heizou wondered, resting his palm under his chin and waiting for your reaction.

"i'll ensure he won't ever step foot on the campus." you addressed genuinely, previously scorning the manner in which you recalled his ugly face.

END OF CHAPTER 05

chapter written: may 23 2022