•16•

•Mardiya's Pov•

I confirmed from Madina and Shaheed's wedding hashtag that the knot has been tied already and I wanted to go to Manal's house since early this morning but I wasn't feeling too good so I decided to stay back till it was time for the Dinner event which is later in the evening.

So now here I am in my room and in the comfort of my bed in a short silky nightie reading 'The Fault In Our Stars' by one of my favorite authors, John Green. I was still at the middle of the book and I had teared up a few times, I was warned by Fathiya whom borrowed me the book that I'd end up crying and I can see that it's already happening. The book is just too emotional, imagine how the movie would be. I would try and watch it when I'm done with the book inshaAllah.

I was cut off from reading the book when I received a FaceTime request from Fathiya and I answered after covering my hair which was scattered making me wonder where my ribbon went.

'Sup girl! So you have to come over to my house ASAP'

'Oh Good Afternoon Fathiya. And why if I may ask'

'Oops! Sorry, well Amani here said I should call you over so we can enjoy the day together till it's time for the dinner"

'Omg! Amani how dare you ditch me!'

She popped her face into the camera. 'Sorry! I was too bored at home and you said you weren't feeling so good'.

'Okay whatever, I'll think about it'

'Think about what?! Its 3pm now and I'm sure even the bride's dinner make up has begun. We're not agreeing to any of your excuses so we will be expecting you and don't forget to bring your clothes with you! Byeeee!'

A long sigh escaped my lips after they hung up and I groaned and stood up from my bed which I did only once since I woke up this morning and it was only to have my breakfast.

I folded the page of the novel I stopped at and kept it on the nightstand before I grabbed a towel and dashed into the bathroom and did my activities before I came out ten minutes later.

After my post bath activities, I got dressed into a cream colored Abaya and applied some eyeliner and lipgloss to my face. I combed and plaited my hair into four big braids once again then I wore a black cap and covered it with the Abaya veil. I packed my dinner dress and other stuff in a small bag and grabbed my handbag and car keys before leaving.

I bid adieu to Mami and Daddy whom were having a chat in the leaving room before I left.

At Fathiya's house,

This time around none of the security guards stopped me from entering the house so I just walked past them weirdly and this time around I didn't feel uncomfortable because the house wasn't crowded at all. I slowly arrived at the front door and knocked, it was opened by a young guy whom looked a lot familiar but I shrugged the thought off after he greeted me.

"Hey! Good Afternoon beautiful, are you Ya Fathiya's friend Mardiya?" He asked with a cheesy smile and I nodded with a small smile.

Did a little boy whom looked like a nineteen year old just flirted with me?!?

"Yes I am, and you are?". I replied.

"Oh! I'm Sabir, I'm sure you know Yasmin, well I'm her twin brother but I'm older" He smiled and I replied with an 'oh'. So they have twins in the family intresting!