•1•

Abuja, Nigeria.

*************

"We're starting exams very God, I can't wait, I need to start reading ASAP so I can pass some haters" She ranted while her cousin was busy arranging her stuff in her backpack.

"Aamir called me yesterday. He said you were ignoring his calls? Did you two fight again, hm?" Mardiyya asked.

"Deeya please! Don't start with Aamir again, I'm getting bored of him, I need a break" Khalisa pouted.

"Oh Allah! Khalisa what's wrong with you? I patched you guys up like three times fah."

"And so? Who asked you to do it? Are you not his best friend? Go and tell him that I said I need my personal space, ehe!" Khalisa picked her backpack after hiding her iPhone 13 inside it.

After applying her kohl and lipgloss, Mardiyya fixed her grey skirt before draping her backpack over her shoulders, then she left.

Mardiyya Umar is a sixteen year old student, in SS2. She has a very beautiful brown skin, shoulder length hair and a slim but curvy body while Khalisa Abdulhameed, her fair and pretty cousin, her hair is very long and her body is full in every required part. So, Mardiyya is the total opposite of Khalisa.

Khalisa started dating at a very young age while Mardiyya never had a boyfriend, all she does is study and keeps on fixing Khalisa and Aamir's relationship.

"Deeya!!" Khalisa yelled from downstairs and Mardi just rolled her eyes and walked down the stairs.

"Good morning everyone!" She greeted after keeping her backpack on the couch which Ya Al-Ameen was sitted on. Mardiyya and Khalisa are the only girls in the family and they are three boys, Ya Ahmad is twenty six years, the oldest and is married, followed by Ya Al-Ameen whom is twenty two years old and then Ya Khalil, he's nineteen.

Khalisa is everyone's favorite in the family except Ya Khalil, they don't get along at all! So no one sees her fault, including Mardiyya though she sometimes annoys her but she loves her cousin to death and can do absolutely anything for her though Khalisa always says that Mardi steals everything from her and is not her sister but her cousin

"Khalisa baby, why do you look annoyed?" Hajiya Bilkees, whom they all refer to as Mami asked

"Oh I don't know Mami, cause someone is trying to ruin my morning!" Both she and Mami glared at Mardi but she just smiled and continued having her breakfast.

She just loves how her family are with Khalisa, she moved in with them when she was just four, her parents died in an Airplane crash and ever since then, her father being Khalisa's father's elder brother took her in as her rightful guardian.

When they both finished, Mardi hugged both her brothers and Mami, before she sauntered out leaving Khalisa behind.

Mardiyya was going to enter the front seat when she bumped her and got in. She hissed in annoyance and got into the backseat and they drove out of the compound, heading to their school.

•Mardiyya•

The first person I saw when we got out of the car was an impatient Aamir, pacing up and down in the parking lot. He rushed towards us, Khalisa to be specific but she acted as if she didn't see him and went her way.

"What the heck!" Aamir cursed. "Khalisa!" He called but she completely ignored him.

"Did I do anything?" He sighed and turned towards me. "No, you didn't. I asked her this morning but she said ...." I kept quiet cause I didn't want to make him mad, he might even want to leave her forever and I don't want to be held responsible.