𝙭𝙡𝙞𝙞.

Mulai dari awal

But before he could step out of view, his ears suddenly picked up a loud stampede of footsteps. He retreated as the footsteps stopped near his position. His body tensed up while waiting to see what the ruckus was about.

"THE KING! THE KING IS BEYOND REASONING! HE HAD SUMMONED CREATURES OF HELL AND IS NOW WREAKING HAVOC IN THE VILLAGE! WE MUST GET OUT OF HERE AND PROTECT OUR CITY!" A soldier bellowed loudly; panic and hysteria were evident in his voice. "I'm afraid we've chosen the wrong King to serve." He finished, fear clearly written on his features.

Taehyun couldn't help but roll his eyes. He was glad that people were finally waking up, but why did it have to be when the King was finally close to achieving his plans? But that doesn't matter now because the guards eventually left, and he could now enter the dungeon.

Stepping out from his hiding spot, he opened the dungeon's entrance and entered the large cavern filled with darkness. He took a couple more steps in, and the torches lit up one by one as he moved further inside.

He could hear his heavy footsteps echoing against the wall.

He was again trusting his hunch, hoping he was going in the right direction. He couldn't afford to waste any more time, especially after knowing that the King was now going crazy from above.

"Dawn? Beomgyu hyung? Where are you guys?" He whispered to himself as he cautiously made his way across the dungeon.

As far as his keen hearing allowed him to hear, the dungeon was silent. The place seemed to be untouched for quite a while. There wasn't a single prisoner living in the cells; only their skeleton lies on the floor. He shivered at the thought of dying there and the realization that no one would save them. They'd probably spend eternity in there until they were eventually killed or until they starve to death.

And yet somehow, he could hear a faint whimpering. His brows furrowed as he began moving towards the noise. He slowly approached the cell, which contained one lone figure sitting beside the bars, hugging its knees tightly. Its back was facing him.

The Summoner carefully peered at the curled up figure, trying to decipher who was inside. He noticed the figure crying softly as tears fell onto its clothed knees, forming dark spots.

He felt like an intruder, intruding on the person's privacy. He should leave. Shouldn't he?

Before he could walk past, the figure lifted its head. Instantly, he froze in his spot, staring at the figure with wide eyes. His heartbeat sped up as he stared at the figure's tear-stained cheeks. He heaved in relief when he recognized the figure.

It was Beomgyu.

"Taehyun!!!" The Healer called out, rushing to the bars.

Taehyun smiled widely. He was glad that he wasn't too late. He was so happy to see the older male again.

"I'm glad you're okay, Hyung. Thank you for holding on till I come." A lone tear had fallen on his face, though his grin hadn't faded even a bit.