Gulity for being Selfish

(So, another warning and it'll most likely be the last warning I do; this chapter is the beginning of the more mature side of the story. More mature scenes, language, etc. This will be my only warning about it)

(Some of y'all might hate me for this chapter...because reasons. Just work with me here)

(You'll want to read the authors note at the end)

...

A series of flashing imagines appear; showing scenes and pictures of Hunter throughout his life—but also scenes and pictures we have not seen yet. Some of Hunter with his family, some with animals, some with Hunter "hunting" poachers, some being of Hunter talking with Gwen, some of Hunter laughing with Riley and Zaida, some with Hunter talking with Allie, some with Hunter speaking to the Campers.

Some fights that haven't happened yet...some dinosaurs not yet encountered...Clint and Richard arguing...Hunter soaked in both water and his own blood while struggling to push himself up...the male Acrocanthosaurus going ballistic...a new scientist character...and finally three separate kisses between Hunter and somebody.

Finally; a female voice speaks up.

"This...is just the beginning."

"My name is Gwen Adalwolf."

"You only just met me a few days ago...but you should know that I was his...friend."

"You see...he had spoken to very few people in Texas; Riley, Zaida, Skylar/Seek, me, and a few others for example."

"He called us 'the family he always wanted,' well...he never directly said it; but I could tell he was thinking it."

"His name was Hunter Yajuar Ravens."

"He never had an easy life..."

"...just like many of us."

"But now...he's gone."

"...you know the rest of it..."

"...I never wanted to hurt the one person I cared the most about..."

"...but of course I did..."

"...I've always wanted to be that special person in his life."

"But with our families...you'd always windup in a dumpster of loneliness or pain."

"Before Hunter left...he was my dumpster of happiness."

A younger Hunter and Gwen were waiting for dinner to be called as they waited outside Gwen's home, Hunter doing Hunters things by hanging upside on a branch with just his feet.

Gwen wore a slightly cropped white and blue short sleeve shirt, black denim short shorts with black and white converse shoes, and a bracelet that had something written on it.

Hunters outfits are unchanging as usual, but he just has a black long sleeve shirt with his sleeves pulled up to below his elbows, black military pants as usual, his necklaces and bracelets, his black combat boots, and his dark red, black, and grey flannel was hanging over the tree branch beside his feet.

"How can you do that?" Gwen marveled at Hunters unique ability of perfect equilibrium.

"You just...put your feet like this—" Hunter causally lifts one foot up (technically down for him), now hanging by one foot before he sets it back down on the branch, "—and now you're hanging upside down!" Hunter grinned at Gwen with a noticeable sparkle in his eye.

"I'm just gonna get hurt if I do that." Gwen giggled as Hunter comically crossed his arms while upside down.

"That's part of the fun!" Hunter continued to grin at her. It was difficult for Gwen to say no to that grin, she loved that grin.