Prehistoric Airlines

"Kenji, why are you under a log?" I asked blankly.

"I was trying to lift it out of the way, like the macho man I am, and it then collapsed on top of me," his muffled voice was barely audible from underneath.

"I'm guessing you can get it off you yourself then?," This was quite amusing to see.

"Oh no, please, help yourself here," Kenji sarcastically said from underneath the log.

After I had gotten the log off of him, we climbed up onto our small somewhat of a treehouse base. It wasn't finished but we can climb onto it and sleep safely now. I had a feeling of adventure right now, well, to be more specific...for the past month.

We're in January as of now, my birth month, so naturally this is just my month. I always felt like everything was better in January, sadly I can't say the same for my actual birthday. I never appreciated it, because—and to be brutally honest—I was born to the worst possible family I could ask for. There are some exceptions, my Grandfather Howard, and I guess I can say my mother. It was hard to obtain a conversation with my mother because of how many times my father and I argued.

Oh, my birthday is January 18th if you're wondering, probably not; because this notebook is most definitely not making it back to the mainland.

I've planted my hammock in a new spot at camp, above everyone but I'm still below the rainproof covers that gives us shelter. If you're wondering why there isn't that many comfortable beds or blankets, it's because Kenji dropped them while we were running from Herrerasauruses after we checked the hotels again.

I also made a bow, a decent one at that. The birds that live on Isla Nublar have been unharmed, don't worry, but they unnaturally lended me feathers. It was quite strange, as strange as I usually am. Animals love me, and have a unnatural attraction towards me, but they don't just willingly lend me something of their belongings.

I sheathed my knife onto my side, and my Indominus knife in the back of my pants, I had strapped the tooth onto a temporary handle, it's really useful. If I'm not helping the others with work, I usually made weapons and traps or some other kind of useful equipment.

One of which is a 55-watt lightbulb, wanna know how? Coke bottle, water, bleach, and the sun. The water and bleach inside the Coke bottle reflect and refracts light, genius isn't it?

I just wish I had some of my more powerful bows and crossbows, I'm not gonna hunt dinosaurs, that is just insane. It's mostly for food and fishing, I know that I don't just "hunt" animals, but even I need food. That food could be a wild fish or even snake, I nearly lost my eye yesterday from a red-tailed boa, it had lunged at me once and didn't strike again.

I didn't kill it. Even if the bastard took my eye I wouldn't kill him. I don't just hunt to kill, if I hunt I will eat, because that is how nature intended it.

Speaking of fishing, I need to make a fishing spear.

But alas, I am bored. So, I'll ask Brooklynn if she would like to join me in a adventure. "Hey, Brook," I got her attention, recently I've been calling her 'Brook'...no complaints so far.

"What's up, Hun'er?," she seemed to beam at the sight of me, "I was wondering if you'd like to join me for some adventuring?," I grinned at her.

"Sure, let me get some things first—"

And then...chaos happened.

"Brooklynn! Can you help us down here?," Darius called out after a loud crash.

"Yeah, hold on!," Brooklynn sighed and looked back up at me, "Sorry, Hun'er, maybe after I'm done?"

"Uhh—sure, I'm fine with waiting," I hid my impatience as best as I could.