A Beacon of Hope

"RUN! RUN! RUN!," Darius screamed ahead of me. At the moment, we're being chased by a Parasaurolophus that is also being chased by Rexy...the Tyrannosaurus Rex. So, I think you can understand why we are panicking.

"Is the Parasaurolophus still there!?," Brooklynn asked from behind me. She was helping Sammy carry Yasmina, Kenji was too lazy to help.

The Juvenile Para was only 7-8 feet tall, so I felt bad for when Rexy showed up to kill her prey. Kenji looked back to see the Para staring at him, Rexy sidelined us and went for a quick bite on the Para.

The Para dodged the attack, Rexy nearly trampled the poor thing and Kenji. The Para thinks we're part of an herd, so it followed us the entire time. We ran behind a tree, the Para followed from our left and Rexy stomped over from the right. She isn't interested in us at the moment.

Rexy circled around the tree and nearly grabbed the Para. We noticed a fallen tree and knew that was the best place for cover. We ran towards, there was a small gap between it and the ground. I jumped over and slid off it, landing my ass on the ground. I felt the Para's tail hit the tree, then one by one the others climbed over. Darius dove through the gap underneath.

The continuous cries and roars of the two dinosaurs frighten us. Kenji was the last one over, he sandwiched me between himself and Brooklynn.

The last cry came from the Para and then suddenly the ground shook...which meant the T.Rex had slammed the Para into the earth. The power that the Tyrannosaur has in its jaws.

The Para whimpered and then we heard disgusting juicy crunch. Darius peeked over the tree and saw Rexy dragging the dead herbivore away to eat.

"Their gone," Darius informed us. We all let out breaths of relief before relaxing against the massive log. I felt bad for the Para, but I can't argue with nature, that's how it was supposed to go.

"Why are there so many dinosaurs around!?," Kenji whispered yelled in frustration, "Well it's either you're boyish charm or the fact that all the fences on the island are down," Brooklynn said.

"No of'FENCE'', but it's definitely the 2nd one," I grinned at his annoyed face.

"I don't even care...right now, I just want a sandwich," Yasmina grabbed her ankle, "We haven't eaten since we had those awful carrot bars that Ben-," she stopped herself. The weight of losing Ben was still towed by our backs...especially mine.

I dragged my right knee up and placed my elbow on it. I banged the back of my head against the log before signing.

"We need to find Main Street, it's the safest place for us as of now and it'll have plenty of food as well as supplies for us," I turned my head to Darius, "We should get as much as we can before the Compys steal it all," Darius understood what I was actually telling him. I don't want to talk about what happened on the monorail.

We heard another distant roar and that just put more fear into our bag of misfortune. We all groaned and exhaustingly got up, we just want rest. "I can't keep runnin' like this," Sammy complained.

"We'll get rest soon, right now...we need food," I just noticed my faint limp that my left leg has gotten. It's not because I hurt it, I'm just tired.

Darius walked ahead of the group and noticed something. "We don't have to!," he excitedly said.

"There has to be a way to call for help on Main Street, and like Hunter said; Food and-and everything else!," Darius ran ahead, "Come on!," this definitely gave us some hope.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————