Secrets

"It's ok...it's ok," Darius said to calm Kenji down, while not taking his eyes off the Raptors. "We're all ok...," They were most definitely not ok.

The Raptors hissed and roared at him, taking slow steps towards them. I think curiosity is the only thing that is stalling the Raptors.

"Kenji, those bones, check for a Raptor skull," Darius told him. There is no way in heaven or earth there would be a velociraptor skull in the paddock. Kenji had looked down at the bones and back to Darius, his voice was like a exhale of breath, "What!?".

"In a video game I-," Darius was interrupted again, "You want to talk about video games now!?," Kenji had been cowering against the metal doors this entire time. Running wouldn't be an option, it will only tell the Raptors he's prey.

Blue had hissed at them again, Darius slipped off a bone and landed on his back. He started to push himself back as the Raptors were getting too close for comfort.

Darius had made it to the gate while Kenji continued to scream out for help. The Raptors were getting too close and I'm not letting anyone die in presence.

"Hunter!," I heard Brooklynn scream out when I jumped over the railing and in front of the Raptors. It definitely surprised them, they flinched back and then realized it was another human.

Delta got a little too low to the ground for my liking so I snapped my fingers at her and yelled, "Hey, Delta, don't you dare think about it!," I commanded.

I realized the snapping wasn't as effective as the clicker my Uncle uses, so I did my best to imitate the clicker with my tongue. "Dude, what are you doing!?," Kenji screamed out from behind me.

"Just trust me-hey!," Echo had snapped at me. Blue was the most curious, but the other three were ready to pounce at any moment. Just before they pounced, the paddock lights abruptly turned on. The sudden flash blinded me and the Raptors.

I heard Roxie yell out to the Raptors and I could barely see some meat be thrown to the ground behind the Raptors. All the Raptors expect Blue had gone for the meat. I stared directly into her eyes as Roxie yelled at the three of us to get out of the paddock.

I was too far from the gate to run and I knew I could easily be crushed from the closing barrier. So I had to think of something quick.

Darius and Kenji were yanked out of the paddock as Blue ran towards me, I knew she'd either pounce or tackle me, so I had to perfectly time my dodge in order to survive.

She jumped up so I rolled behind her and before she turned I had ran towards her and used her back to spring myself up onto the horizontal bars. Roxie reached her out from above me, but I heard Blue growl so I let me instincts take over and ejected myself off the barrier onto the ledge of the walkway, my feet were dangling below for any of the Raptors to jump up and grab.

I could've been yanked down if it wasn't for Roxie quickly running over to the walkway and pulling me up from the ledge. I noticed I was breathing a little too much, I guess my body was on fire knowing I could've been turned into dessert.

"How did you do that?," Roxie asked surprised and helping me up to my feet. "A lot of practice back home...," I was more in shock at what I did. I could've told her exactly why but she was already running down to where the others are.

I looked down at the Raptors who were frustrated at the failed hunt. I then made my way down the steps and sat on the last one. I heard Roxie yelling at the others, mostly Kenji, so I waited.

Dave eventually came over and asked me to get in the truck, so I did without any resistance. Uncle Owen won't be angry, I know that, but I do know he'll say how stupid it was of me to do such a thing...but also a good thing.