Chapter 2

March 1936

March 1936

"Just so you know, Bucky is looking for you and he seems pissed." Rose said nervously.

I groaned, pressing my head to my locker. "What did I do this time?"

"Riley Marie!"

My eyes widened. I can recognize that sexy Brooklyn accent anywhere. I ran behind Rose, trying to hide. "He already saw you dumbass."

I swatted at her ass. "Shut up and act natural."

"She's right. I already saw you."

It was worth a shot.

I sighed, stepping away from Rose. I smiled sweetly at Bucky. "Hey handsome. What can I do for you?"

"When were you and Steve going to tell me the real reason he got into that fight with Michael?"

I opened my mouth to answer but heard the school bell. "Saved by the bell. I'll see you later."

I walked past him quickly, walking to my next class. I sat down next to Steve. "Bucky found out what Michael said about me."

He rolled his eyes. "Great. What did you say about it?"

"Nothing. I got out of the conversation because the bell rang."

"You really are a dumbass because you forgot we have this class together." I looked up to see Bucky leaning on my desk.

Well shit.

"Why didn't you guys tell me what Michael said?"

"Because it's not a big deal B. He's an asshole." I leaned back in my seat, playing with my pencil.

"It's a big deal to me. He shouldn't be saying things like that."

"He hasn't said anything since. Me and Stevie made sure of that." I winked at Steve who laughed loudly.

"I don't know how much help I was but sure."

Bucky sighed, shaking his head. "I don't like it when people mess with my girl."

Steve and I both perked up at his comment. "Your girl?" I smirked.

Bucky smiled, his cheeks turning pink. "You know what I meant."

"You're real cute when you blush Bucky Barnes." I heard Bucky mumble something under his breath. "Sorry, what was that? Please share with the class."

"I didn't say anything sweet cheeks."

"That's what I thought."

He leaned down, whispering in my ear. "I need to do something about that attitude of yours." He pulled back, glancing between my eyes and my lips.

"You keep saying that but the attitude is still here."

Bucky smirked. "You're playing a dangerous game with me."