Rodpiece Landing Operation 2

November 28

Southern coast of Israfail Empire, Sky off the coast of Rodpiece

The 3rd and 4th Squadrons of the 42nd Air Wing, to which the 33 F-35Cs departing from the Amagi belong, were heading at supersonic speeds toward Rodpiece. Behind them flew the 2nd Airborne Early Warning Squadron, consisting of three E-2D Hawkeyes, monitoring the surrounding airspace.

'Those savages from the west...! I'll kill every single one of them!'

Commander Hikaru Samonji, piloting the 3rd Squadron's lead plane, gripped the controls with a furious expression on his face. The other pilots were also filled with anger at the torture of their countrymen, and their morale was higher than ever.

"Lightning 1, Launching Maverick!"

"Lightning 4... firing missile!"

"Lightning 16... firing!"

Thirty-three F-35Cs launched their AGM-65F Maverick missiles. Flying at supersonic speeds, they headed toward the Slephen fleet anchored in Rodpiece harbor.

Rodpiece Harbor Wharf

The wharf where the Japanese had been gathered was stained a deep red by the never-ending scourge. Slephen soldiers were torturing the Japanese maniacally. The scene was truly what one would call a hellscape. But they were unaware that the God of Destruction was approaching, as supersonic spears of light from the F-35Cs landed en masse on the Slephen sailing warships.

BO-BO-BO-BOOOOMMM!

"...W-what happened!?"

The sight of the fleet exploding all at once sent a shudder through the soldiers. More than 30 warships were transformed into sea debris by this attack. Shortly thereafter, a second attack was unleashed again, again hitting over 30 sailing warships. From the 189 warships of the First Fleet, one-third was gone.

"...What the hell is going on?"

Gilbert, the flight commander, also noticed the strange situation and jumped out of his tent. Immediately after that, the fleet was blown away for the third time. Then a formation of flying objects, leaving the sound behind, passed over Rodpiece at a tremendous speed.

"It's the Japanese attack! Sailors, intercept at once! Dragon riders, intercept the enemy fleet!"

Gilbert, who instantly realized the true identity of the enemy, gave orders to the naval soldiers who were staying on board. They quickly prepared for battle. However, an F-35C formation descending from the sky attacked them further, and a fourth Maverick missile attack struck them relentlessly. In total, over 130 ships were reduced to rubble.

"Dammit... the ships are running out of spare batteries!"

After the battle with the Israfean Navy, the source of the magical power supply was already almost at its limit. In the Kingdom of the Len Islands, which they looted on their way here, they were able to procure a local source of magical power, which they called 'batteries,' but in the Israfail Empire, they could not do so at all. Therefore, a transport fleet was supposed to be on its way here to reinforce the land troops and supply the batteries, but it would not arrive until 10 days from now, which is not very reliable.

"Enough of the barriers! Use all available magic power for the guided heat ray cannons!"

To deal with the enemy flying above and the enemy fleet coming toward them, the laser cannons on each sailing warship were pointed at the sky or the horizon. The dragon riders, which had been attacking the Israfean land forces from the sky above, headed toward the horizon. Looking at the sky, an F-35C formation, which had fired all of its AGM-65F Mavericks, turned its nose toward the southern ocean. As they were about to return to their carrier, the muzzles of the guided heat ray cannon were aimed at them.