Center of World Information 2

May 3, Morning

Philinogen Family Residence Dining Room, Ringual

At the end of the huge rectangular table sitting in the center of the dining room, the current head of the Philinogen family, Blauer Stuart Philinogen, was elegantly eating the breakfast laid out in front of her. Behind her, scooping the soup and bringing it to her mouth, were several servants, including Hageman Fitzgerald, the head butler, and the head chef who brought the food. The girl who lives in a huge mansion and has many servants is like an aristocrat with an air of elegance about her.

In fact, the wealth of the Philinogen family, which has inherited and monopolized the position of president of the World Magic Telecommunications Company, the "one and only international news organization" in this world and at the same time the "world's largest private organization," is greater than that of any other nation, let alone an aristocrat. The government of the Ephoroi Republic has approached the Philinogen family several times to confer titles on them since the first president, Pleitlet, established the company in this region.

However, successive presidents, who inherited the philosophy of the first president of the company of not giving in to any state power, continued to decline to accept the title, which would be tied to the Ephoroi Republic, and for this reason, the Philinogen family has remained, to this day, the richest commoner family in the world.

"That was exquisite."

After finishing her meal, Blauer put her spoon on the table, wiped her mouth with a napkin, and told Adeno Endorphin, the head chef, what she thought of her breakfast.

"Thank you very much!"

Chef Adeno Endorphin bowed deeply to her, expressing his admiration. Blauer left the dining room with Hageman, her butler and bodyguard, in tow, while many servants see her off after she has taken her seat. Just outside the dining room door, Private Joseph is waiting for her to come out.

"Young Lady... what are your plans for the rest of the day?"

Joseph asked Blauer in a respectful tone that made him sound a bit like a butler. Hageman, who was standing behind her, pulled out a small booklet from his pocket that appeared to be a notebook. He opened it to the page he wanted and read out today's schedule.

"After this, there will be an executive meeting in the afternoon. After that, there will be a meeting for the coming-of-age ceremony, and after that, we will leave the office."

He explained the flow of the day. In case you are wondering, Blauer's current position within the Telecommunications Company is that of Senior Managing Director, effectively the number three position. She and other executives, such as the managing director, as well as the bureau chiefs and other important posts, are 50% related to the Philinogen family. The World Magic Telecommunications Company was truly a family-run business.

"...Today, I'm going to meet Vice President Didymar Warfalin, at the executive meeting. I'm sure he won't do anything dangerous under the watchful eyes of other executives, but please be careful."

Didymar Warfalin is the vice president of the Telecommunications Company and is currently filling the vacant position of acting president, and he is aiming for Blauer's life with the intention of becoming the official president. It is highly unusual for a man who is not a member of the Philinogen family to be selected for the position of vice president in the upper echelons of the company, where kinship is a prevalent issue. He must have been such an outstanding man.

"Of course... I won't let anything like last night happen again."

Joseph answered his employer's assurance with pride. After that, Blauer, Hageman, and Joseph were escorted out of the house by a number of servants.