Episode 24 A Moment on the Terrace

After dancing a song with Spinel, I danced with Agen, who seemed to be waiting really quietly.

It seems that I got a lot of attention from the people around me during the exchange just now, and I felt a tremendous amount of gaze while I was dancing with both of them. I was nervous to death. I just wanted someone to praise me for having managed to dance without making any mistakes.

Agen said something along the lines of, "It seems that your charm has captivated everyone," but to be honest, that wasn't the point.

Agen released me with that unexpectedly easily, but I was confused by the dance requests that came one after another.

Today, after dancing with my older brother, I was planning to dance with a few people I know and wrap it up, but why is someone like me so popular?

Seen from the side, the eldest son of the duke and the prince's servant had become a composition, so it might have been seen as an important person.

It's rude to refuse, so I have no choice but to do my best and dance. This is all because of Argen and Spinel. I want you to take responsibility.

It's too much trouble to count the number of people, so I'm going to dance to the son of a certain Earl's family.

Who is this guy... I should have heard his name earlier. If I remember correctly, after graduating, he would marry a girl two years older than him...

The name that usually comes up immediately doesn't come out. You look pretty tired.

Moreover, at the end, I accidentally stumbled. She managed to avoid stepping on her foot, but she was told "Oops" and held her shoulder.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

I smiled and deceived him, and then his face turned into a blank face. Wow, it's disgusting... it's not, it's a sloppy face.

When the Earl's son was about to say, "Um," someone called my name, "Linaria," from behind.

"... Spinel"

For a moment, I thought, "Are you there again?"

"Linaria, you look a little tired. Let's rest together over there."

God! Mr. Spinel...! !

I instantly returned my palm. I've been wanting to rest for a long time. Thank you very much.

I bowed my head to Somehow-san, who seemed to be reluctant to leave, and followed right behind Spinel, who turned around and walked with a smile.

It seems that they are going to go out to the terrace.

The night breeze was blowing on the moonlit terrace, and it felt good on my tired body from dancing.

I lifted the glass in one hand and moistened my throat.

"Haa... I was saved. To be honest, I'm already exhausted..."

"It seems like you were quite popular."

"Well, thanks to someone, I was able to do that. I'm glad I practiced a lot of dances..."

“Haha, you certainly improved.”

"Yes. Thank you very much for that section."

When I thanked him again for telling him, Spinel waved his hand saying that it was fine.

"It was worth the introduction. I didn't have to step on my feet."

"You're mean... I think you should praise me more."

When I glared lightly, Spinel snorted.

"But I never thought that the first dance partner would be you."

"Oh, I was in a hurry. I didn't think that bastard would move like that."

Spinel looked a little flustered when he came to me.

I thought about it while dancing after that, and I roughly understood the reason for Spinel's actions. I didn't want Agen to get close to me, who was in the position of being His Highness's friend.

Agen is good at getting along with people, but he's quite a crook and a very talented man.

Moreover, since he is a person with great power as the head of the Duke of Pyrope in the future, he probably has no choice but to be cautious as a follower of His Highness.

"I don't think he's a bad person."

I don't think he's a good person, but I'll try saying that.

As far as I know, he is not the kind of person who would unnecessarily disturb this country. He's a profitable man, but he secures his own interests while setting up a proper opponent. And he's the type who likes to earn trust and manipulate people.

But Spinel only said, somewhat reluctantly, "Maybe so."

Maybe there's something on your mind, or maybe you just don't like it.

Agen, who seems to have something in his stomach, and Spinel, who is serious despite his appearance, don't seem like a good combination.

"I don't mind, but you're surprisingly overprotective. You."

"You are in danger."

I bent my lips.

It bothers me that he doesn't trust me at all, but it's hard to complain when I think that he's worried about His Highness and me in his own way.

"To be honest, it's true that I was in trouble. I didn't expect someone to suddenly apply for the first dance on the day... And he's a duke's son, right? Even in the marquis's house, we're the most underling."

“Didn’t you forget that I also came from a duke family?”

"I remember properly"

"How is it..."

The spinel stares at me with a blank stare, and I can't help but burst out.

"You are different."

When I said that and looked up mischievously, Spinel blinked his eyes for some reason.

A little puzzled by the sudden silence.

"Um, Spinel? What's wrong with your face?"

"... nothing. I'm going back. You should stay here a little longer."

Spinel shook his head once, then turned on his heel.

"Yes... Ah!"

Spinel, who was about to start walking, looks back at us.

“Thank you very much.

"Don't need it, forget it. I did it on my own."

Spinel raised a hand and walked back to the bustling party hall.