Episode 2 Letter

Recently, the Lord of Spinels, First Prince Esmerald, has a new friend.

It's only been a few months since we met, but I've already been to the royal castle several times. She has now returned to her territory.

The daughter of the Marquis of Jarossis, the girl looks fragile and has a well-groomed face like a doll, but the inside is very strange and inconsistent.

Her expression changes as she spins and turns, and despite her age-appropriate childishness, she has a wide range of knowledge about plants and living things.

He's usually polite, but sometimes he speaks like a man.

It's a mystery that even though she's the daughter of a magus family and seems to be talented, she also enjoys swordsmanship.

When she first met the prince, she burst into tears just by seeing the prince's face, but her behavior toward the other adults in the castle was very polite, and she has a reputation for being a calm demeanor.

Thanks to this, among the nobility, she is said to be ''the innocent young lady who unintentionally burst into tears when she met the prince for the first time''.

In reality, it was about as if it could be scooped up with a bucket, not just a drop.

The most unusual thing is that, like the prince, he likes frogs.

The person himself said, "I'm interested in the endemic species of the territory", but if you listen to the conversation with the prince, you can tell that he has a deep knowledge of other frogs. Spinel isn't very interested, so I don't understand the content of the conversation at all.

To be honest, isn't she pretending to like frogs in order to win over the prince? I also doubted.

Ostensibly, the prince likes "nature and living creatures", and his love of frogs is not well known, but if you want to find out, you can probably find out.

Aristocratic women, as far as Spinel knows them, are creatures that scream when they see a spider, and turn pale and stagger when a worm crosses them.

You can't like frogs.

However, when I actually walked around the garden with her, I found that the insects and frogs were calm and had no regrets, just like the prince. It cannot be done overnight.

So Spinel concludes about her:

A very strange lady.

But no matter how strange she is, she seems to be a good girl herself. She is honest and you can see her sincerity. She doesn't use funny looks on the prince either.

Rather, I feel like she's not conscious of it too much, but since she's only 10 years old, it wouldn't be strange if she wasn't conscious of the opposite sex.

As a daughter of a marquis, I don't think so, but it might be better for a prince who is a little vague.

The day will come when men and women will become aware of each other, but for now, it should be okay for them to just be friends.

That prince was reading something quietly at his desk in his room. If you look into his hand, you can see the letter paper dyed in pale blue.

That strange lady must have sent it from the territory.

“Is that the letter from Miss Linaria? Let me read it too.”

When alone, Spinel doesn't use much honorifics with the prince. He thought it would be better because he was a valet but also a friend. Although he is simply annoying.

When Spinel tried to reach out for the letter, the prince interrupted him with a somewhat flustered ''I refuse''.

That unusual reaction makes Spinel look amused.

"It's okay, it's not going to decrease."

Since the prince is still a child, the letter should have been handed over after being read by the person in charge of education.

I thought it wouldn't matter if there was one more person watching, but the prince doesn't seem to think so.

Perhaps Spinel was annoyed when he tried to look further, the prince said, "This one is fine," and held out the bottom piece of paper.

The paper, which appears to be a torn sketchbook, contains a short sentence that appears to describe a frog and a mysterious, distorted object.

"What is this? Crushed bread?"

"No. It's a curled-up frog."

"…This is?"

No matter how you look at it, it doesn't look like a frog. Crushed bread.

The letters attached to it are really well organized, so the gap is even more amazing.

"You're cute."

"No, no, no. I don't know. Your drawing must be too bad."

"Yeah, but cute."

"..."

Spinel's face was astonished.

I don't even think it's a cute picture, but is there something that frog lovers can understand? Or.

The prince turned to his desk again and dropped his eyes on the letter.

"…Well, whatever"

Spinel put the picture of the smashed bread back on the desk, said, "See you later," and left the prince's room.