Episode 6 Servant and Queen

"Spinel Boulanger, here we come."

When I entrusted my sword to the guard standing by the door, I heard a quiet voice from inside saying, "Come in."

"Excuse me"

Behind a thick door carved in silver was a drawing room with sumptuous but elegant furnishings.

Kneel on the soft, long-pile carpet.

"Her Highness the Queen is in a good mood."

"I'm glad you look fine, too. Sit down."

"Ha"

Slightly nervous, I sat down on a soft sofa covered with fine embroidery.

Sitting in front of him is a beautiful young woman with pale blond hair.

She is the queen of this country and the mother of the first prince, Esmerald, who is the lord of Spinel.

Although they occasionally meet face to face, it is rare for the two of them to talk like this.

Looking at her again, she is so youthful and beautiful that it is hard to believe she is the mother of a child. Her hair color and expression-poor, well-groomed features are very similar to Esmerald.

The queen's maid put down the cup of tea without making a sound, bowed and left.

I feel thirsty and put my mouth on the tea. The scent made Spinel relax a little.

As expected, the skill of the person who brews the tea leaves is also first-class.

"How is Esmerald doing?"

“Before enrolling in the academy, you are putting a lot of effort into your studies. Your Highness is not good at memorizing, so you seem to be a little worried about history, but there should be no problem.”

"What about swordsmanship and magic?"

"You are very talented. Your teacher has given you the seal of approval that you have already mastered the skills necessary to study at the academy."

"Is that so"

I'm sure you've already figured out something like this, but asking daringly would be like confirmation.

Or a preface to get into the main topic.

"The party is coming soon. Do you seem to remember the dance well?"

"Yes. Perfect."

The prince has good motor nerves and a strong core, so he is good at dancing.

He also has good reflexes, so even if the opponent is a woman who is not good at dancing, he has the skills to cover it well.

"What is your partner?"

"... I wonder if I'll ask the Duchess of Brochant."

The Duchess of Brochant is the younger sister of His Majesty the King, in other words, the Prince's aunt. She would be a safe opponent to invite to your first dance.

"Oh…"

The Queen put her hand to her cheek. It's hard to read from his expression, but he seems to be surprised.

“…Then, isn’t there a young lady to whom I should congratulate?”

Yes, that's what I'm talking about today.

If there is someone who wants to dance the prince's first dance at the entrance celebration party, and the queen decides that that person is suitable for the prince. It is customary for the Queen to greet them after the dance, and for her to congratulate them.