Finale:: Hate you with love

Start from the beginning

"You look more handsome... hmm.." You chuckled as he frowned, "After being disciplined for a year?" 
"Yeah..."
You shrugged. He looked at you and said, "You look wiser. Or is that bullhead hiding in there?"
"It's hiding. It'll come out if you continue to blabber nonsense."
You glared at him as he took a few steps closer to you. Your stomach twisted as his familiar scent hit your nostrils. The dark woody scent that you once hated. 
"So, did you forget about me?" He asked. 

"Do you think I did?" You asked, looking at the locket in your hands. He shook his head and said, "So now... do I make it up to you?"
"Definitely, yes."
You grinned. He smiled and nodded, "Okay... one more challenge I guess." 
"It's hard... I don't forgive friends who anger me."
You said. He smiled and said, "Then I'd like to be an exception." 
He hugged you, making your cheeks hit against his chest. You wrapped your hands around his body and said, "I've missed you... and I hated that too."
"I missed you more... a lot."
He sighed, placing a kiss on the crown of your head.

"How was the serving..?"
"It's called voluntary work. Though we were sort of forced to do it. We had to wake up at 5 am and clean the roads. Then we worked until 10 pm and slept. It was bothersome."
Taehyung frowned and you chuckled, patting his shoulder.

"Where's Jo?" 
"He's at home... wanna visit us someday?"
"I'd love to. I miss Azure..."
"She's quite bigger now... she's grown older. And she looks like you." 
"Are you telling me I look like a cat?"
You frowned. He chuckled and said, "Whatever you think of it." 
You pulled away and smiled at him saying, "We're still good friends, right?"
"Always will be."
He smiled back, placing a kiss on your forehead as you closed your eyes.

He was familiar. You knew him, you trusted him. You hated him, you loved him. You respected him, but you never agreed with him. 

Yet amidst all these, you knew that he was special. Your start was wrong, but the bond wasn't. He was a friend who you wanted to keep as forbidden as it was. 

Because when you told him you loved him, you meant it. He was one of your people then. And you knew he was worthy of that. 
You didn't love a villain, you loved a hero in disguise of a villain who brought justice to you and many other people out there.

"I am quitting the agent job, by the way. I might not have much money anymore." He shrugged.
"Really?" You asked as he nodded, "I was going to surrender forever. But someone made me want to return... well, I'm quitting this. I've achieved my goal of bringing justice and it's time for me to become a normal human being... like I've always wanted to be."
"Should I train you... hmm?"
You asked. He nodded and said, "I need it."
"Okay, You and Jo are my students for now!"
You smiled. 

You brought him to your bagel shop and served him some food which he was forced to compliment. But it was good either way. 

Tzuyu was quite clueless but once she got to know about Taehyung, she glared at him for 20 minutes straight until you had to drag her out and explain the entire situation to her.
"Bullheads friend bullheads." Taehyung sighed, eyeing Tzuyu as you scoffed, "No wonder you're my friend."
"I am not included in that list."
He said. You rolled your eyes and mimicked his voice as he sighed.

"I can't wait to meet Jo and Azure." You smiled as he said, "They're at home. Come to our house at 12, tomorrow. I'll pick you up."
"Really, wow."
You smiled. He nodded and left the shop. 

—Time skip

"You sure lived the best life here, Y/N." Tzuyu said, roaming around the Kim Mansion as you shrugged, "It was hard, okay?"
"I would've just stayed here if I was you. Did you miss us that much?"
"Yeah, your cookies." 

She giggled and roamed around. Jo entered the living room with Azure as you hugged both of them, squeezing Azure. She was meowing with you as well.
"Well... she's the closest one to replace you, Tzuyu."
"Am I supposed to fight with a cat over you now?"
Tzuyu chuckled. You smiled as Jake was talking to Taehyung.