Chapter 24:: Perfect!

Author's POV: 

You stared at the calendar in front of you. 2 months and 3 days left. The past 2 days in the house were weird. Taehyung was home all day. You both crossed paths quite a few times and bickered. But you tried to keep the distance between you both. 
As much as his constant and patient replies melted a part of you. You were supposed to hate him. 

The dialogue of how much you hated him and those cursed thoughts about him were rare nowadays. Especially after the day, he saved you. You did have a conscience. 

You often remembered the telephone booth. Somewhere, you felt guilty. Even though you were mocked for sneaking out quite a few times, Taehyung didn't entirely blame you for anything. He mostly said it was Joel's fault. Jo was also nice. He was—in fact—thankful that you didn't try to escape and mess up stuff.

Little did he know about the telephone booth. You wondered what would've happened by now if the gunshot was never heard. Would you be home? 

You were in deep thought but nearly flinched hearing Jo's voice, "Miss?" 
"Oh.. yeah?"
You asked. He looked at the time before looking up at you and said, "It's 5 pm right now. The doctor is here to do a checkup. Please show your wrists and your foot."
"But I'm fine."
You said.
"Mr Kim wanted this." You frowned a little but nodded, not knowing what to say. 

Soon, the doctor was in front of you, doing the checkup while you sat there awkwardly. You saw Taehyung exiting his room and entering his office. He didn't even glance in your direction like the other times. He seemed to be in a hurry. 
Jo noticed Taehyung and frowned. He seemed to be wondering something too. 

Jo went inside Taehyung's office leaving the doctor with you. 
"You're fine. Taking some painkillers for a few more days would be good. And your condition of the foot is improving. The swelling in the wrists is almost gone as well." 
You nodded as he got up saying, "I'll go then." 

As soon as he left, you stared at the door of Taehyung's office. Was something wrong? Both of them looked tense.

Should you go and ask? Wait no—why would you? That wasn't anything you had to bother about. You shrugged off any nosy thoughts and gulped.
"Accepting but within a limit." You reminded yourself and turned around, walking inside your room.

"I'm kidnapped. But does he ever treat me like a hostage?" You asked yourself, wondering again. No, he never did. 
"If I put it plainly, I was just forced in here. I'm living in luxury though I don't think I have freedom." You sighed and shook your head. You heard a chuckle from behind and turned around to see Jo. 
"You?" You asked as he nodded saying, "Sorry, didn't mean to overhear. I was going to call you for dinner... it's been an hour since the checkup. But you made me laugh."

"I wasn't being funny." You said.
"Right... you weren't. But you're also right. You do get quite a few luxuries." He chuckled. You frowned and said, "I don't get a lot."
"Well... sorry for that. But we don't have a choice. It's the mafia business."
"Heartless enough."
"Since we've become closer, can I tell you something?"
He asked as you nodded. 

"I hope you know that we're not abusers. Like... yesterday I read a random article about kidnapping and honestly, I don't think we're like that. We're in the mafia... of course. We won't be the best people to interact with but... we don't want to torture you mentally or physically or in any way. But, there are restrictions. We cannot let you get 100% freedom because if we do, it'll be a risk to not only us but to many other people. Maybe our country as well."
"Country?"
You asked. He nodded and said, "Well, you see. You weren't kidnapped for any self-gain. Mr Kim only wants to establish peace in the industry but... your uncle is against him. But, Mr Kim needed a way to persuade your uncle into cooperating and kidnapping was the only option left to do."