Chapter 29:: Against

Author's POV: 

"Yeah... I know." You said, looking at the glass of water kept on the nightstand. 
"I've been here for 36 days now. Just some more days to go and I'm out, thankfully." You said, smiling. But deep down, you felt a little sad. Not sad about leaving this place but sad about feeling like you were being abandoned like he was pushing you away and you were unwanted. Like he was forced to keep you here—which was partially true. 

But it still stung a bit, right there—in your heart.

Almost an hour had passed by. Taehyung was sleeping right now and you checked up on him once. You were outside the room, doing your stuff. 

You looked at the time, it was 10 pm right now. 

You heard some noise coming from Taehyung's room and frowned. Why was he so noisy? 

Even a few days before, you barely acknowledged his existence—other than your brain reminding you every 5 minutes that he existed—but now you were hearing unnecessary noises from his room every hour. 

Once a glass breaks, what broke now? You wondered.

You stood outside his room, staring inside to see 3 maids standing there, trying to help him but he shaking his head. 
"But we have been ordered to feed you."
"Am I the mafia or are you?!"
He asked, his voice loud yet feeble. He had a fever yet he was acting so bold. You raised a brow and got in saying, "You're the mafia and also the weak one in here, for now." 

He looked at you, his cold gaze turning a little softer. The gaze you'd give a familiar face. 

You blinked twice before sitting down and asking, "What's wrong with you? Just eat."
"I do not like this soup. It tastes bad."
"It's because you have a fever."
You said, raising a brow.
"Do not imitate me." He spoke, frowning deeply. You sighed and said, "It's not called imitating, okay? It's not only you who knows how to reply." 

He looked away, not replying.
"Fine, can I try?" You asked as the maids nodded, leaving the room. You sighed and took the spoon, carefully scooping up the soup before looking at him who was looking away, clearly uninterested. 
"Look here. Have a sip." You said, your voice coming out bolder and stronger than expected. He looked at you, his gaze fixed on you. He didn't even bother to look down at the soup or anything, he just stared in the blue of your eyes, a quiver in his lips, yet again.

"You... don't get to order me. Leave." He spoke, his eyebrows clashing together. You wanted to laugh at his face but couldn't. This wasn't the time to. 
"Listen here you bossy b*stard, right now, I'm saving your life. If you die out of starvation, later on, your teammate might kill me. I'm saving you and me."
"He won't kill you neither will I die." He clarified as you sighed, shaking your head. 

"You're worse than Tzuyu." You said. He frowned as you dropped the spoon gently and spoke, "Every time she was sick, Uncle Lee asked me to feed her the medicines but like you—she loved to clarify unnecessary things and push me away. I honestly had to use my force on her at times though I also regret those." 
"You're bad."
He whispered, frowning. 
"Better than you, at least." You raised a brow. He didn't reply and just sat there, looking down. 

"Look, you know well that this isn't what's supposed to happen. But we both are humans and you're sick so as a nice human, I must take care of you—especially when your friend has asked me to. So, just cooperate, can you?" You asked as he sighed. You could see how he was looking like he'd rather eat puke than this soup.
"I would've fed you puke if I could, it seems to be better than the soup in your eyes." Your statement made him scowl at you.