Chapter 34:: Pillar

Author's POV: 

You were crying. Your tears didn't stop. 
"I... I..." You were crying so hard, that you choked on your tears. Jo was panicking about seeing you. This wasn't how you ever cried. This cry was loud and painful, unlike any other cry you'd ever cried in front of them. 
"D-Dad!" You cried out, hiding your face in your palms. 
"M-Mom... w-was there... t-too." You cried out. You felt a big presence near you.
"Sir.." Jo's voice sounded low and hesitant. You had no idea what was happening around you, you were busy crying.

Your body froze a little when you felt a pair of large arms around you. He didn't look at you, he looked at somewhere which wasn't you. He knew you'd hate anyone seeing you like this. You looked down and cried, you couldn't protest about whatever he was doing right now. You needed this. 

You heard footsteps leaving the room but the pair of arms around you didn't move an inch. You couldn't help but lean into the embrace of those arms. You kept sinking in deeper until you were against a big hard chest. Your face was buried in his chest, you knew. His arms wrapped around you, securely. He pulled you closer, slowly stroking your back. 

"It's okay." You heard an edge in his voice making you feel a little different. He sounded like he was also hurt or somewhat... angry. And that was something you couldn't understand. 
"We're doing exactly what your dad wished to." He spoke, in a low voice. You shook your head and cried harder. 
"D-Dad c-couldn't d-die... for... Uncle w-won't..." You couldn't continue. He hummed and said, "It's okay, don't talk. Let it out."
"Why?"
You asked, still crying. He didn't answer anything, just continued to stroke your back lightly. You were crying so hard. But after what seemed like 10 minutes, you slowly calmed down a bit. The entire time, Taehyung didn't even move a bit, not even an inch. He sat there, hugging you closely—like a statue. 

His scent was surrounding you and somehow, the dark woody scent which you hated with all your gut was now comforting you. Everything about this was making a way to your heart. It felt different, your heart ached more. 

Unlike all those times when you had people by your side, yet you felt like you were all alone in this world. Unlike all those lonely days when Tzuyu was right beside you but you had no courage to share about your feelings with her. Today was different. You were sure these people around you were not on your side, you were alone. Yet, this was the exact moment when you felt comforted and validated. They were the ones who were supposed to make you feel lonely but you realized it wasn't them. 

You weren't lonely yet you were very lonely. But now, you were lonely yet not lonely at all. These very people around you who you were sure would never be anything to you and would make your life worse were the ones being the shoulder to cry on. Especially—him. Him, who you were so hateful about, someone you hated with all you had.

And the fact that the ones you loved were the ones who betrayed you and the ones who you hated were the shoulder to cry on was making it worse. It was breaking you even more—more than you could handle.

You clutched on his t-shirt, your grip tightening. He felt you shaking your head. A soft sigh escaped his lips as he said, "And I'll make sure that every single one of them... who hurt your parents and those innocent people get the punishment they deserve... or even worse." 
You could feel his jaw tightening over your head. A sense of security arose in you. The way only he made you feel, every time you were faced with danger or hurt. He always stood like that pillar in front of you. A pillar on who you vented all your anger at first but then leaned onto the pillar, letting out everything within you. Because even if you broke, the pillar wouldn't. It would hold you and be your support from falling.