Chapter 26:: Forgiveness

Author's POV: 

35 days. It was now way better than your 5th day here. You still feel like it was yesterday that you were here, crying in this bedroom all day. You were used to this now. All these luxurious furniture and unnecessary equipment are kept here and there for no reason. And so many unknown faces. You kind of recognized the maids and chefs by now. But they were on vacation and you risked forgetting their faces again.

But 3 faces. 3 faces were impossible to forget. It took just a month of seeing those faces constantly until they were carved at the back of your head. 

Taehyung, Jo and Azure. 

They were the only ones you interacted with in your life now. A small circle with 4. A small group, full of hate and doubt. Complete chaos and bickering, no trust, no love, no care. Nothing. It was how you had defined your life and this little group of 4 by now.

But from some point, you forgave them. You had your phone now. And you often checked the photos and videos on your phone which reminded you of your life, the life which stopped 35 days ago. 
Honestly, you had an experience. A heck of an experience.

"Look, this is my best friend and he is her boyfrien- oops, now husband! It's been 35 days since they were married. They were supposed to go to the Maldives for their honeymoon. I wonder if they've gone yet." You said to Azure who stared at the phone screen. She meowed and tried to hold the phone as you sighed. 
"I wonder how they're doing right now. Only if I could hear their voices... just once. At least, knowing how they are would help me, you know." You said sadly. A sigh escaped your lips again, your eyes getting teary. You missed your best friend. 

"Do you miss her that much?" You heard a deep voice, making a shiver run down your spine. Gosh, that was so random and sudden! Shocking enough. 

You turned your head around to see Taehyung walking towards you and Azure who was sitting on a sofa in the living room. Tilting his head, he looked at the picture of you and your best friend, posing in a photo. Both of you joined your hands above your heads to make a heart. 
"Childish." He frowned and shook his head as you scoffed saying, "Shut up, annoying b*stard." 
B*stard. It was how you addressed him these days. Especially when his words annoyed you. 
"It's cute." Another soft voice was heard as you looked up to see the same bald head from before. Jo. 

He smiled a little saying, "It's kinda cute. Only if Mr Kim agreed to pose for these types of photos. I'd hang it above my bed." 
You stared at Jo weirdly as Taehyung heaved out a deep, long sigh. He was fed up with the ideas Jo was talking about. You found the idea funny. 

The idea of a statue like him—posing to such a cute and wholesome heart? Impossible. The thought was crazy.

You silently laughed as Taehyung noticed you, his brow raising.
"Stop laughing." He ordered but who listened?
"It'd be funny, right?" Jo asked, his teeth visible due to the toothy grin he showed. You nodded, finally bursting into a fit of laughter along with Jo. 
"Him... in t-that pose? HAHAHA!" You were laughing loudly, tears forming in your eyes due to laughter. Jo whispered, "That rocky face with that hearty pose... gosh, no!" 
"It was your idea!"
You complained, wiping your eyes.

Taehyung stared at you both, completely irritated. His huge deep frown was visible on his face. Azure was meowing. She probably found the thought funny as well. 

"You both are not getting any devices today. Stay grounded." Taehyung's cold voice echoed around the room as both you and Jo stopped.
"No! My Netflix!"
"My Facebook..."
"You use Facebook?"
You frowned at Jo who said, "Only to watch some hilarious mukbangs where they eat like.. 500 eggs at once."
"You're really a mafia?"
"I saw Mr Kim cringing at those one da-"
"Shut up,"
Taehyung spoke again. You both looked at him before looking at each other.